Project Red Bundled cable length issue

Vojczejk

Jul 29, 2019
Hey! So I have been recently building a computer in minecraft using ProjectRed , every single part works like a charm on its own but when i connected them i found out i have problems adressing further blocks of memory and after a day of swearing and testing EVERYTHINN i found out i just plainly hit the 256 block limit (edit: by that i mean cable length). Any suggestions how to do a COMPACT repeater for bundled cables, Bus Transcievers dont seem to be extending the range!

I can adress only 1 word of memory (its 16-bit :3) which i have unfortunately picked for testing :D and thats why the error did not show up earlier

I am running MC Forge 10.13.0.1180 , Project Red 4.4.9.49 its a custom build modpack with ONLY Project Red and Microblocks

Last edited:

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Well you say you ran out of room(hit build limit). So if you used underground, that's more room for cables. Not trying to sound condescending by the way. Just curious. Also, that looks really cool.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
Well you say you ran out of room(hit build limit). So if you used underground, that's more room for cables. Not trying to sound condescending by the way. Just curious. Also, that looks really cool.
I think he means the 256 block range limit on the bundled cable

you could create a extender using 32 and gates (16 for reads and 16 for writes) at the bottom of the first tower repeat as needed...

Reactions: Wagon153

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019

you could create a extender using 32 and gates (16 for reads and 16 for writes) at the bottom of the first tower repeat as needed...
Ahh, I've never used bundled cable before, so didn't know there was a limit to the length.

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
wait, a computer in minecraft? .......... hmmm........ maybe i should build my next computer instead of buying it ;) (lol, i can barely IMAGINE how stupidly difficult it would be to build a 4790K and GTX 970)[DOUBLEPOST=1411998538][/DOUBLEPOST]this is awesome, btw. we should make your computer play minecraft. :p

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
wait, a computer in minecraft? .......... hmmm........ maybe i should build my next computer instead of buying it ;) (lol, i can barely IMAGINE how stupidly difficult it would be to build a 4790K and GTX 970)[DOUBLEPOST=1411998538][/DOUBLEPOST]this is awesome, btw. we should make your computer play minecraft. :p
P.s. You save 60% by building the computer yourself. :D

Vojczejk

Jul 29, 2019

Thought about that as well but i was thinking about a better way, there are 2 more "bus" gates in tne hewest version which are not on the wiki yet, there might be some trick to "renew" the signal somehow