Project: Feeding Eternal Time [Builder Applications Open!]

Umbra

Jul 29, 2019
just an update for everyone :)

The server has been running and there has been alot more people showing up now on the server ready for building.

Andromeida has come back and is raring to go, all builds done by iHayzue have been ported into the map and are ready to build on (as we managed to get a working copy of WorldEdit for the server), TribalThomas has also been working on the Gnarlwood and Aspenwood area, and I have mostly finished my re-build of Mareth.

There are other builders who have also come back from an absence aswell, including Damnedsky who was busy over the past few weeks.

But, on the flip side, Akabane101 has been real busy with outside influences, and his recent deal and uploading through TGN, that he is only available now over the weekends, so, our video on the map may be slightly delayed :(

Anyway, besides that, I have decided to add a new question to the application for those wanting to join the build team. Here is the new list of questions:

------------------------------------------------

-Name:
-Best strength in Minecraft:
-Have you written any kind of medieval lore before:
-If yes to the above, would you be willing to write lore for the map (If no, leave blank):
-Are you adept in coding for either Computercraft in LUA, or RedPower in Elo-Forth:
-Have you ever been in any large map or town building project before:
-The build team operates in 3 separate teams of builders doing specific jobs, The Aesthetic team, The Redstone team, and the Lore Team, if you were accepted, which team would you prefer to be in and why:

------------------------------------------------

The only reason I have added the last question is due to the fact that there have been several ambiguous applications in the past, and i am unsure as to what team they are applying for, adding this question will just simply speed up the overall application process for all co-ordinators.

Anyway, a small update from me this time, i may release some screenshots in my next update, but we will have to see, as i have said in the past, I don't want to spoil everything for those interested in playing the map :)

Have fun
~Umbra~

Reactions: tribalthomas

Umbra

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, I know I haven't posted anything in a while, but I'm just letting everyone know that the map is still being built, but we have been having some problems with the server, in the mean time we are waiting for the 1.5.2 update for our pack, as it will be alot more stable on the server, and everything wont silently crash for no reason......

While you wait, i have allowed a mate of mine from a while pack access to the FET pack to test it out for us. Poyomon2 went into the pack blind not knowing much about the mods aside from Thaumcraft.

Poyo also decided to put a lets play with the FET Pack V4 on Youtube, as I allowed him to, so if you want an idea on how the pack is, follow this link :)

Episode 1:
Episode 2:
Episode 3:
Episode 4:

A few side notes:

-At this point in time, I probably wont allow any other testers for the pack at this stage, there may be more in the future, but we will have to see.
-The FET pack it not made to be easy, in fact it is quite the opposite, it is designed to annoy and kill you, as demonstrated in episode 3 of his LP.
-I do apologize for the low audio, I have yelled at him for that.

Anyway, hopefully i will have some more updates on the map very soon, but as i said we are waiting for a more stable version for the server of the pack, in SSP it has been tested fine, as I have been playing SSP myself. I have even personally noticed a few issues, but they have been fixed.

Have fun!
~Umbra~

Reactions: buscador95

Poyomon2

Jul 29, 2019
As Umbra said, I am making a blind let's play of the FET Pack.

I've been trying to make the audio louder in my later videos, but I'm not sure if it's working properly or not.

crumpitboy

Jul 29, 2019
name: Crumpitboy
strength: Aesthetics, but good at tech as well
writing: no, but can write well, and mostly read that type of thing so would be happy to write
yes
coding: nope
building: i own a city on a server, and build epic builds for the fun of it. currently working on a MC replica of Nero's Palace for my city.
i would prefer aesthetic, but can do any of the three.\

a couple things i've made, if you want more, i will add more

aElhEFt.jpg
city spawn tower

uEC30Lp.png
nero's palace front

crumpitboy

Jul 29, 2019
it said PM him, youtube, or post on forums. i chose the latter, because i couldn't find the button to PM him.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
it said PM him, youtube, or post on forums. i chose the latter, because i couldn't find the button to PM him.

Umbra said:
To enter, simply send me private message either on here in the FTB forums, or on Youtube if you wish, (Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Umbra2614 ).

Sounds to me like he wants you to send a PM on the FTB forums or on youtube, not a reply to this thread.

Umbra

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds to me like he wants you to send a PM on the FTB forums or on youtube, not a reply to this thread.

Exactly as Goreae stated, I have never once said place an application on this thread.

Please keep in mind that this is an initial test to see if you can follow instructions.

crumpitboy

Jul 29, 2019
i kinda did too. i usually just read comments on forums and only make an account if i find something that interests me, like this :)

Umbra

Jul 29, 2019
Hey everyone.

I know it has been a while since I have updated this thread, but it's better late than never ey!?

Anyway, I had a few people mentioning to me that I should update the 1st post to coincide with updates etc, so that has now been completed, but aside from that, lets get into various other updates.

Pack V5 went live a few days ago, and we have had the build server up since then, and I must say that the progress we have made since then has been awesome! There is a lot more completed now since the server was down for a while, and this includes a lot of intricate, and detailed aspects which include all interior furniture, and changing all the bookshelves to Bibliocraft, and filling them with books (some of which have secrets, but you will have to check them ALL to find them hehehe).

Neash Village and Mudville have been expanded again, mainly to compensate for families of NPCs, so everything makes sense, to the point that if there is a shop keeper, he/she has their own house as well, and some of which have the rest of their families in those houses, this is essentially added so it brings a more 'hearty' feel to the NPCs and also adds for more realism.

Now, I know that in the past I usually post a picture of some kind of spoiler etc, but due to the fact i haven't posted in a while, here is a few. Primarily, they feature Darol Helsbin from Neash Village (a hunter who will help you in the start of the map), and some updated pictures of Mudville (which mind you, there hasn't been many pictures regarding Mudville, if at all ;p )

457sCio.png

Darol Helsbin in his hut.

bUPBXi2.png

And some dialogue, cause why not?

And before anyone asks, yes, most NPCs do have their own back story and their own family tree....

B0m0PFx.png

And lastly a picture of Mudville, with it's main guard roaming the streets.

Alright, now to a bit more exciting news.

This one has probably been a few people's minds for a while: "When will a pack be released to the public?"

Well, i have been speaking to Slowpoke regarding this, but in the next coming days we should be able to get a beta pack for everyone up onto the FTB launcher!

The pack is done, and has been working well, but there is a few tings that we need to finish regarding the pack, but even in saying that, we have permission to use all of the mods that we have in the instance.

Currently, when you load up the instance, the title screen shows that we have 230 mods loaded into the console, but in reality there is much less than this, mainly due to dependencies etc. Even in saying that, we are still running a good 90 mods in the pack.

So, keep an eye on this space in the next few days so you can get that all important Beta code for the FTB launcher when the pack is up and ready!!!

~Cheers~
~Umbra~

Reactions: goreae