Project: Feeding Eternal Time [Builder Applications Open!]

Umbra

Jul 29, 2019
Hey there! I would love to contribute to the lore of the project, and I can offer you an example of what I can do, however, how should I give it to you? inbox or put it here, if somebody can tell me how to put it under a spoiler thingy.

yeah, best way to submit your work is to PM me on either Youtube or on the forums here. From there I will forward the writing example onto Akabane101, where he will look over it and let you know if you are on the team (as Akabane handles the Lore team).

On a side note, cheers for those currently in the team helping out those on the thread here, appreciate it :)

Umbra

Jul 29, 2019

As Goreae stated, if you could PM me either on here or on Youtube, with the completed app, and either pictures or world saves of your work, that would be awesome.

A text file on a forum is fine, but we need proof of your work, I know that in your thread you have stated that you have done alot of impressive work, but we do require some form of proof to backup the statements for you to join the team.

Once I receive your application, i will forward it onto our redstone team leader, Mattabase, and he will have a look at your work.

Cheers
~Umbra~

tribalthomas

Jul 29, 2019
Just a few suggestions

You could hid linking books that go to Citys in hidden places.

Have a train station going between the first 2 or 3 citys for fast travel. But make a way you have to unlock it to use it.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Just a few suggestions

You could hid linking books that go to Citys in hidden places.

Have a train station going between the first 2 or 3 citys for fast travel. But make a way you have to unlock it to use it.
From what I've seen of the map, it is very medieval and magical, so if there is going to be mystcraft at all, it will probably be a portal, and the receptacle would be hidden, but this is just what I've gleaned. i'm just a coder. I'll let umbra answer that.

Reactions: tribalthomas

Umbra

Jul 29, 2019
I do believe that we were mentioned in the Shaft when slowpoke101 was a guest, around the 54 minute mark. He didn't mention it by name, but he did describe it pretty well.

Oh, nice, I wasn't even aware of that, thats awesome, i'll have to speak to Slow about it, cheers Goreae.

On a side note......

I have finally set up a new server for the map, we just have to wait for the pack from Matt, and we still start going "mental" with it, in which, Matt has stated 3 days away.

For those who are looking for a server of their own, check out this link: http://goo.gl/R7H1z .

That is the server company that the map build will be hosted through, and I can't give them enough praise for their service.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
The4 thing is with coding on a server is it's really choppy. No matter how good the server, the computer still lags when you type. I think i will stick to coding everything in singleplayer, then installing it on the server. While I'm sure Mattabase already knows to do this, could you make sure he turns the HTTP API on for computercraft? that way I can easily import code from singleplayer to SMP.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Oh, nice, I wasn't even aware of that, thats awesome, i'll have to speak to Slow about it, cheers Goreae.

On a side note......

I have finally set up a new server for the map, we just have to wait for the pack from Matt, and we still start going "mental" with it, in which, Matt has stated 3 days away.

For those who are looking for a server of their own, check out this link: http://goo.gl/R7H1z .

That is the server company that the map build will be hosted through, and I can't give them enough praise for their service.
I didn't know about it either until someone on a different thread said:
I'm also trying to get some more information on other tools that map-makers use. World Edit is a bukkit plugin so I kind of doubt that works and there was another thread in here that claimed Voxel Sniper did not work as of a few months ago. But I heard from Slowpoke's interview on The Shaft this week that there were a group of people working on an FTB-based adventure map. Anyone know their usernames on here so I can ask them what tools they used and how they managed to create their landscaping?
I then went and listened an hour of the Shaft, and I guess it was us.

DrREDST0NE

Jul 29, 2019
im sorry but i wouldnt typically save screenshots of my work. didnt think to. but i do have some and a video of a Non-redstone town i helped build. it took 4 months and alot of sweat lol
sorry for horrid fps. this is on my older computer. (vinnila MC) here is just some other redstone work i do have screanshots of.
2012-11-12_17.36.45.png
2012-11-12_18.55.46.png
2012-11-11_21.30.27.png
2012-11-30_21.31.36.png
2012-12-24_01.05.56.png
this the outside...
2012-12-24_01.07.07.png
this is the downstairs...
2012-12-24_01.07.29.png
hoe activated 3x3x3 door...
2012-12-24_01.07.37.png
a lever on the other side resets the door and will manually open it if your trapped inside (7 sec delay to close, so you have time to leave)
2013-01-27_09.43.57.png
this one is just a elevator with on/off lights nothing special. the elevator is operated by lever, with on/off lever aswell. each floor has a call button using a "if greator than (floor #) > (elevator #) then go up, otherwise go down." it uses toggle latches and a control room is hidden for the wiring. alot of wiressredstone lol.

i posted my app on youtube channel.

--Dr.Red

Umbra

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, gotta love people who don't follow instructions..........

Now we get to look at a page of an app, excellent.

Please send your Apps via a PM, the submitting section of the app is also a test to see if you can follow instructions mate.

#notoleranceUmbraday

superninjakiwi

Jul 29, 2019
im sorry but i wouldnt typically save screenshots of my work. didnt think to. but i do have some and a video of a Non-redstone town i helped build. it took 4 months and alot of sweat lol
sorry for horrid fps. this is on my older computer. (vinnila MC) here is just some other redstone work i do have screanshots of. View attachment 3694View attachment 3695View attachment 3692View attachment 3696View attachment 3697 this the outside...
View attachment 3698 this is the downstairs...View attachment 3699hoe activated 3x3x3 door...View attachment 3700 a lever on the other side resets the door and will manually open it if your trapped inside (7 sec delay to close, so you have time to leave)View attachment 3701 this one is just a elevator with on/off lights nothing special. the elevator is operated by lever, with on/off lever aswell. each floor has a call button using a "if greator than (floor #) > (elevator #) then go up, otherwise go down." it uses toggle latches and a control room is hidden for the wiring. alot of wiressredstone lol.

i posted my app on youtube channel.

--Dr.Red
[Answering machine voice]I'm sorry, you did not follow the instructions, and we cannot recognize your request. Please read the instructions, and try again. Have a nice day. [/Answering machine voice]

Umbra

Jul 29, 2019
Alright just an update for everyone.

Pack V4 has been finalized, and is up and running for 1.5.1.

Obviously redpower hasn't updated, but we are making do with the MineFactory Reloaded new logic block (which is awesome BTW). The world gen, Basalt and marble, has been converted into Sponge and Soul Sand, so we can easily convert them back when needed as well.

In other awesome news, the build server is up and running, and is working very smoothly, and a few build team members have already started work on aspects of the map.

I will be leaving the builder applications open for the moment, as the more help the better, so if anyone is still interested in the team, please PM me your application using the application format that was posted on page 10.

Akabane and myself will hopefully be doing a recording on the map soon as well.

Have fun!

~Umbra~

Reactions: tribalthomas

K4b6

Jul 29, 2019
Alright just an update for everyone.

~Snip~

~Umbra~
Sounds awesome Umbra I'm as anticipated for this map, heck even the video you will be recording, as I am with the Aether 2's upcoming release (which by how the release is going will be around Christmas xD sorry had to :p ) anyways I hope you have fun building this map and sharing the news with us...

wakafanykai123

Jul 29, 2019
-Name: IGN? Wakafanykai123. RL? Kai
-Best strength in Minecraft: In mods, my best strength is either beautification or technical items. I'm all around with mods though. I've been playing with mods since Beta 1.8, so I have learned many tricks and tips about all the mods.
-Have you written any kind of medieval lore before: A little bit, just some bits of RPG maps.
-If yes to the above, would you be willing to write lore for the map: Not really, I do not want to botch it.
-Are you adept in coding for either Computercraft in LUA, or RedPower in Elo-Forth: I know some basic LUA.
-Have you ever been in any large map or town building project before: Yes i have! Many server spawns/surrounding area, plenty of towns, and one large map project.

superninjakiwi

Jul 29, 2019
-Name: IGN? Wakafanykai123. RL? Kai
-Best strength in Minecraft: In mods, my best strength is either beautification or technical items. I'm all around with mods though. I've been playing with mods since Beta 1.8, so I have learned many tricks and tips about all the mods.
-Have you written any kind of medieval lore before: A little bit, just some bits of RPG maps.
-If yes to the above, would you be willing to write lore for the map: Not really, I do not want to botch it.
-Are you adept in coding for either Computercraft in LUA, or RedPower in Elo-Forth: I know some basic LUA.
-Have you ever been in any large map or town building project before: Yes i have! Many server spawns/surrounding area, plenty of towns, and one large map project.
ERROR: Your application cannot be completed as written. Please check the instructions, and try again. Instructions can be found at: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...ons-open-check-page-10.57/page-12#post-228946