Programmable Rednet Controller T-Flip-Flop

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Struggling to learn how to use the PRC and in particular, the T-flip-flop function.

As I understand it, a T-flip-flop is equivalent to 'turning a button into a lever'. So, that would mean it only would need one input. But in the PRC, there are two inputs ('T' and 'CLK') and I'm not sure what use the 'CLK' input is (short for clock maybe) or what to do with it.

What I want to do is use two comparators on a chest. One comparator is attached to an inverter, so that I can produce a signal when the chest's empty. The second comparator just has some redstone dust attached so that when, for example there is say 4 stacks of cobble in the chest, it produces a signal.

I want to attach both circuits to a PRC using the OR function to output a variable (VARS 0), then on the second page receive that variable and put it through the T-Flip-Flop.

(PS This is all to toggle an igneous extruder on and off, depending on the amount of cobble in a chest. I'm trying to mitigate the 'stuffing' problem with TE itemducts which has crashed a couple of my worlds.)

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
I'm not near a pack with MFR to test but I believe it is as follows

if T is 1 and a pulse comes into clk then toggle output

if T is 0 and a pulse comes into clk then don't toggle output

if clk doesn't change then output doesn't change

so to turn a button into a lever you would set T to constant 1 and put the button input to CLK

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019

so to turn a button into a lever you would set T to constant 1 and put the button input to CLK

Aha - that makes sense immediately - I had thought that 'T' would have been the 'button' input and tried everything on that basis. Will try and report back later.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019

Yup, works perfectly now. Thanks ratchet.