Processing poor ore

OnmyojiOmn

Jul 29, 2019
TE and EIO don't give double nuggets for these ores. TiC did until they were changed to a base of 2 nuggets per ore in the latest version of Railcraft.

Does anyone know whether this is intended? Should I save my poor ore for now? What do you do with yours?

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Personally I've minetweaked the railcraft changes back to 1 nugget per ore. I see no sense for this recent change, plus it "breaks" the "balance" I'm trying to achieve in my pack.

Sidorion

Jul 29, 2019
You don't need to think cross-mod. Railcraft brings the void chest :)

@OP: Fun aside. You can process the poor ores with the steam furnace from Railcraft - still one of the fastest furnace for mass-smelting.

OnmyojiOmn

Jul 29, 2019
Sure, there are plenty of options for smelting. Just confirming that there's no doubling that I'm missing.

CovertJaguar

Jul 29, 2019
I received a few reports that people were having problems progressing due to a lack of tin for gears when Railcraft was the only source of tin. This change mainly just to gauge people's reactions to it and get conversation going. I may end up changing it back eventually, we'll see.

Reactions: Golrith and Elec332

OnmyojiOmn

Jul 29, 2019
I received a few reports that people were having problems progressing due to a lack of tin for gears when Railcraft was the only source of tin. This change mainly just to gauge people's reactions to it and get conversation going. I may end up changing it back eventually, we'll see.
Seems more straightforward to just double the output of the bushing recipe. Poor ores aren't going to have us swimming in ingots in any case, but the change to two nuggets does have a small but unnecessary impact on metal supply for other mods. Even within Railcraft, double nuggets means more copper and lead when the problem is just tin.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Ah, makes sense, which is the only way to balance your mod. Personally I feel poor ores should only ever be 1 nugget, so maybe increase RC tin ore generation (I assume that there is normal tin ore available too within RC, haven't checked that closely). I love the concept of poor ores. Always felt default ore gen gives you more ore than you could ever need, so custom ore gen system mixing poor+normal has been a blessing (just slightly cursed with 2 nugget change :p).

CovertJaguar

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, makes sense, which is the only way to balance your mod. Personally I feel poor ores should only ever be 1 nugget, so maybe increase RC tin ore generation (I assume that there is normal tin ore available too within RC, haven't checked that closely). I love the concept of poor ores. Always felt default ore gen gives you more ore than you could ever need, so custom ore gen system mixing poor+normal has been a blessing (just slightly cursed with 2 nugget change :p).

Nope, Poor Ore is all that Railcraft has. It does not generate normal Tin deposits.