Process cant access NEISubset.cfg

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Aaron B

Jul 29, 2019
i tried reinstalling, force updating, changing installation path, i tried everything....i also disabled my antivirus and added a exception

Last edited:

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
My German skills are not up to the par, but I think it's the ever so common "File is in use by another process" error.

Your Antivirus program is most likely holding the file "open". This happens, for example, during a scan by the antivir program.

What you should do is add your FTB (C:\ftb\) folder as an exception to the antivirus program. That should solve the problem :3

Aaron B

Jul 29, 2019
i give a fuuu on antivirus software...so i dont have any and when i deactivate windows defender it also crashes...and yes c:\ftb\FTBLite\minecraft\config\NEISubset.cfg exists and your skills are good :D
My German skills are not up to the par, but I think it's the ever so common "File is in use by another process" error.

Aaron B

Jul 29, 2019
like now its working wtf is going here......before i got win10 i had win7. on win7 it worked ...i know that searchindexer is holding it up..i added a exeption and now it works fine ...for now...

Aaron B

Jul 29, 2019
like now it isnt working WTF?! i got kicked from the server and i tried join again and it crashed :(

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
like now it isnt working WTF?! i got kicked from the server and i tried join again and it crashed :(
There are programs that for some reason open the file, they don't always run/don't always have the file open.
Until you know which program does it it will keep crashing "randomly"

Aaron B

Jul 29, 2019
ohh..i see...searchindexer has not completed the index...but i added .cfg files to the exeption list :/ im just gonna post some screenshots...if anyone has a idea...

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Then look at the link I provided for options to see which process opens the file then if you know the program that opens the file decide for yourself what to do with that program.

Aaron B

Jul 29, 2019
i disabled...windows defender...win10 reactivates it every restart...and i cant rename or do anything with seacrh indexer because trustedinstaller is the owner and ich dont have any rights to the file...