Problem with modded Minecraft

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Qutar2580

Mar 20, 2021
Hey everybody.
I am completely new to modding in Minecraft. I downloaded a variety of FTB Modpacks. Now I have the issue that some of them crash before start and others have a lot of missing content. For example: in " Nature is beautiful" and "Horizons 3" the villages have no interior except for bookshelfs. No beds, no irongolems, no nothing. Same with the nether. I was lloking through many Blackstone fortresses and couldn't find an endportal or anything. Only a few chests, no other interior. This makes playing more than awkward.
In other packs like "Magic Land 2" or "hubris of Magic" I cannot even start the game, since i receive an error:

The game crashed whilst initializing game
Error: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0
Exit-Code: -1

This reoccurs with curseforge launcher, FTB launcher and ATLauncher.
I reinstalled the launcher, updated Java and downgraded it as far as I could (only version 8 since i couldn't find 7 or lower) and nothing seems to work. Neither in single- nor multiplayer. Not on my Laptop or my Desktop. Same issues on both.

I would really appreciate some help since I really enjoy what I have seen from the modpacks so far.
Best regards Quetar2580

Attachments

• crash-2021-03-20_17.11.11-client.txt
    14.8 KB · Views: 60

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
We can only support FTB packs and FTB related issues.

For the FTB packs, please use the FTB app - not the legacy / classic one.

If you still have issues when using the FTB app, please post a new log and use some sort of paste service - https://paste.feed-the-beast.com works fine and you can share the link here.

Qutar2580

Mar 20, 2021
I am using your app... not the cursed forge one, the FTB app...
Tried to uninstall all launchers and only use yours aswell...
Same issue.
I try FTB horizons III. It loads normal. But the World is just completly odd. There are Villages and Villagers. But no Beds, tables or even floors. Most houses just contain dirtfloors and nothing else. Same in the nether. The Structures are there, so are the mobs. Looks just like a skeleton of what it should be. meaning no endportals no interior, no nothing. I have no errors occuring i can verify. so its difficult to send you information in form of data.
I just don't know what to do '^^ tried anything i am capable of

Quetzi

Jack of All Trades
Retired Staff
Aug 20, 2012
quetzi.tv
Bear in mind in old versions of Minecraft house interiors in villages were mostly undecorated, there were a couple of exceptions to this. There isn't much more I can tell you without seeing a client log, even then, it's likely that you just found an odd world seed. https://help.ftb.team/help/en-gb/4/7 will explain how to find your client logs.