Problem with Energy Cells

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Siigari

Aug 27, 2013
Portland, Oregon
Hey all. Ran into a problem serializing energy cells. Have a look at what I've got here:

The cell on the right is full, and should be moving energy into the cell on the left, but it isn't. Help!

2014-04-19_13.48.27.png

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
You shouldn't need the conduit in between them, how is redstone control set within both cells?

Platinawolf

Jul 29, 2019
Can we get a screeny on the settings pages on the cells? Specifically the redstone settings and energy settings?

Siigari

Aug 27, 2013
Portland, Oregon
I popped the full cell and placed another one down and it started working. I think it might have been bugged. I put the conduit there so you guys could see the settings between the two cells.

At any rate, it's working now. Here's a pic of the whole setup. It's a little ghetto right now but I just started yesterday. :3

2014-04-19_14.15.27.png

TheAwesomater

Jul 29, 2019
I popped the full cell and placed another one down and it started working. I think it might have been bugged. I put the conduit there so you guys could see the settings between the two cells.

At any rate, it's working now. Here's a pic of the whole setup. It's a little ghetto right now but I just started yesterday. :3

View attachment 10728
Yeah, I've had bugs that needed a break and replace as well

OronDF343

Jul 29, 2019
I've heard of a case that a redstone energy cell was bugged, and it couldn't be charged or discharged.
To fix it, it needed to be broken with a pickaxe (which causes all it's energy to be lost) and then replaced.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Instead of the powerconverter, you could just use a REC.

Also, serializing RECs will hardcap limit your MJ/t (or RF/t) output at 100, or whatever the RF max value is respectively.

I have 23 RECs connected in parallel, such that I have a maximum throughput of 2300 MJ/t. Thus, if I have multiple machines demanding energy from my energy stack, I don't have to worry about bottlenecks... That is unless of course, I exceed 2300 MJ/t demand, which I don't think I will do in the foreseeable future.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Instead of the powerconverter, you could just use a REC.

Also, serializing RECs will hardcap limit your MJ/t (or RF/t) output at 100, or whatever the RF max value is respectively.

I have 23 RECs connected in parallel, such that I have a maximum throughput of 2300 MJ/t. Thus, if I have multiple machines demanding energy from my energy stack, I don't have to worry about bottlenecks... That is unless of course, I exceed 2300 MJ/t demand, which I don't think I will do in the foreseeable future.
Just to let you know, the limit is per connection, even in 1.5

Reactions: Padfoote

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Is that different from parallel? I'm not sure what that means.
I am by no means an engineer, (XKCD Have-you-tried-logarithms bad), but you can just have a string of cables going into a single cable running from 10 RECells to another 10 RECells.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Well, parallel RECs doesn't mean you have parallel running conduits. I think it is a pretty well established fact that conduits function the same way as liquiducts, or even IC2 cables with respect to EU/t (unlimited EU/t, but limited EU/p).

I am just trying to point out that he is restricting his ability to access his entire energy stack and that his design is conducive to bottle-necking. It could be purposeful, but a single local REC with changed output/input would be much more efficient for throttling high-demand processes.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, now I get what you're saying a bit more. You don't have compression dynamos (Ha-Ha, us 164 people have ways of generating power with fuel that AREN'T explosive death traps), considering those don't blow up and generate RF which autoconverts to MJ.