Problem with Chickenchunks, and solution !

jakeschaff

Jul 29, 2019
Hi All,
I've been having a problem for a while now with chickenchunks crashing the game back to launcher.

I read around all sorts of forums for a solution, one that worked temporarily was to load the world without CChunks installed, reinstall, and reload the world, worked for about 5-10 min.

I seem to have finally found the solution now, and it is so simple it made me feel like a total NOOB !!, Which I am definitely not, so here it is

find your FTB install directory an go in there, then select the modpack directory,go to properties and uncheck read only, click ok,click to make happen for all subdirectories and DONE.

like I said felt like a total noob, been playing now for 2 hrs no problems, hope this helps someone else

cheers jakeschaff

jakeschaff

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry guys didn't fix it for long 1/2 hr after this post crashed again, and again, and again :( remove chickenchunks and no worries, any suggestions,

its a bog standard 1.6.4 direwolf20 1.0.7 pack

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
share your crash log. you should find it in the FTB Modpack folder/minecraft/crash-reports directory and you will be looking for the one which was created the latest.

make sure to copy it and paste it on http://pastebin.com/ no account required and it doesnt clog up.

If that folder does not exist, share with us the ForgeModLoader-client-0.log file in the FTB Modpack folder/minecraft directory.

You should not have to remove ChickenChunks

Reactions: jakeschaff

jakeschaff

Jul 29, 2019
I could not paste to pastebin.com as console said read "timeout" so I did it manually, hope it works
the pastebin code is "gZBntCZv", this report came from a fresh update to 1.0.8, on first run of a new world.
please help.[DOUBLEPOST=1388394277][/DOUBLEPOST]as soon as I take out chickenchunks it loads, I dunno, I guess im just special!

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
can you go to the file located here: C:\Users\Jacob\Desktop\FTB\Direwolf20_1_6_4\minecraft\saves\New World\chickenchunks\loginTimes.dat
if you can't see it (if its hidden), make it so that you can view hidden files in the folder (google how to do that if you dont know)
right click on the file and click properties, make sure the boxes labelled Read Only and Hidden are not ticked

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Rather than make my own topic, I believe I'm having the same issue, but unticking the read-only box did not help for me.

http://pastebin.com/ZPBqFgCh
you need to share the crash report located here: C:\Users\Andy\Downloads\Direwolf20_1_6_4\minecraft\crash-reports\crash-2013-12-30_20.19.34-server.txt

did you try what i said by checking the properties?

jakeschaff

Jul 29, 2019
done, loaded ok, we'll see how it goes, I guess, sometimes doesn't have an issue for a while then "oops",any idea why?

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
The crash is basically saying that it is having trouble accessing a file called LoginTimes.dat I saw someone else having the problem on the internet and it was fixed by unticking read-only.

So I was hoping that chickenchunks would recreate the file if it was deleted and it seems to have worked, can you check that there is now a new file called LoginTimes.dat in the same location?

jakeschaff

Jul 29, 2019
there is, the new one is 24kb and the old one 4kb
the new one is unchecked in both boxed as well.
seems like a corruption in the original creation of the dat file,
cheers for your help, greatly appreciated what all the people associated with FTB do,
Keep up the good work!!:):D:cool:

jakeschaff

Jul 29, 2019
sorry to bother you again :( crashed again same error, tried deleteing logintimes.dat again, it made a new one at 4kb 3 times in a row exact same crashlog, ran fine for about 5-6 hrs last night no worries over 2-3 sessions 1 up to 4 hrs o_O

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
can you try running the FTB Launcher as an administrator? i think maybe you need admin privileges to do that

jakeschaff

Jul 29, 2019
ive been running as admin all the time as I thought the same, ive just been trying to create a new folder in the c: root dir to move ftb into there but cant get the folder to keep the read/write attribute, so maybe its in win7 perms somewhere, I am only user on this laptop as its mine (im 37), I also looked around on google and all the same errors the folders were in their users directory so im thinking if I can move it out of a windows permission area may be a good start to avoiding that side of it.

jakeschaff

Jul 29, 2019
found it, its not a permissions issue its an antivirus issue, I added the FTB folder and specifically the chickenchunks folder in saves to my exlusion list and all good, checked the console and its writing to it no worries :) :):D