Pro tip: Don't force wrench Mystcraft desks.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Lohengrin

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, that just happened... I don't know what I was thinking. Half my brain was shouting, this won't end well, but sleepy and sick I ignored it. I wanted to move the writing desk like 3 blocks but was too lazy to take out the countless pages I collected. A right thinking person would just say, um, just take out the books you idiot. Yes yes, see above sleepy sick comment.

Anyway, as you might have guessed along with my functioning half a brain I ignored, serializing a writing desk with countless pages in it does not end well. What I got was a block of cobblestone with the name tile box. It's not placeable in the world. I can toss it out of inventory, but putting it back down again is happening. Sigh.

Don't drink and drive, fry bacon naked, or force wrench while sick and half asleep.

I would add it to the list of derps on my part, but I serialized it...
This pro tip brought to you by sickness induced idiocy. Enjoy.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I will be disabling the force wrench entirely in my modpack in future revisions if I possibly can. It's simply not worth the trouble, and is almost universally abused. Not only does it crash servers and corrupt maps, but players do things that I find extremely absusive like chest-ception (sorta abusive) to moving spawners (extremely abusive) on the grounds that, "That which is possible is permitted."

I wish BlueDart would disable this feature, or at least give me the power to black or whitelist the system myself.

Reactions: Pokefenn

Lohengrin

Jul 29, 2019
Agreed. I don't use it abusively, just for lazy man house cleaning like above (fat lot of good that did me), but man does it open the door wide open for abuse. I really want to like DartCraft, but damn is has some issues. Not trying to start a debate, but it definately could use with a few tweaks or at least more controls for server admins. Though you will have to pry my clipboard from my cold dead hands.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
I will be disabling the force wrench entirely in my modpack in future revisions if I possibly can. It's simply not worth the trouble, and is almost universally abused. Not only does it crash servers and corrupt maps, but players do things that I find extremely absusive like chest-ception (sorta abusive) to moving spawners (extremely abusive) on the grounds that, "That which is possible is permitted."

I wish BlueDart would disable this feature, or at least give me the power to black or whitelist the system myself.

"Chest ception" is fixed in 1.6. Oddly, moving spawners is like the one thing I've never found to be abusive that you do.

The repeated crash risk isn't worth it though, even if no abuse was possible.

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
Why is moving spawners bad? Most fun I've had is moving spawners with a gravity gun

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Why is moving spawners bad? Most fun I've had is moving spawners with a gravity gun

Makes the game too easy once set up. Plus in a SMP setting those GravGun like block moveing functions almost ALWAYS seem to bypass protection plugins.

TangentialThreat

Jul 29, 2019
Moving spawners is relatively standard, but Force Wrenches can cause spawners to stack inappropriately and take on the type they stacked with. You can wind up converting your entire stockpile to cave spiders.

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
Makes the game too easy once set up. Plus in a SMP setting those GravGun like block moveing functions almost ALWAYS seem to bypass protection plugins.
I don't see how spawners are that handy what am I missing? Maybe a wither skeleton (shard) or blaze spawner but a tree farm will generate more energy than a blaze spawner, and it runs whether you are within 16 blocks or not. IMO shards are the real issue

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
I don't mind moving chests, that part is amazing. The bad part is the aforementioned spawner movement. But then again, if Gravity Gun would get fixed so it didn't have so many reasons to get banned on servers (i.e. grav gun follows grief-protect rules) we wouldn't have this issue.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I don't see how spawners are that handy what am I missing? Maybe a wither skeleton (shard) or blaze spawner but a tree farm will generate more energy than a blaze spawner, and it runs whether you are within 16 blocks or not. IMO shards are the real issue

Blaze rods are a first major gate for new builds. You need a lot of them (and not for energy) and if you can't move spawners, you have to get inventive to properly do it. I also have come to think Soul Shards is bad, too.

Reactions: PeggleFrank

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Blaze rods are a first major gate for new builds. You need a lot of them (and not for energy) and if you can't move spawners, you have to get inventive to properly do it. I also have come to think Soul Shards is bad, too.

What about the new Dartcraft craftable spawners?

Neoxon

Jul 29, 2019
Dartcraft was born to be the unbalanced mod, it is been foretold and will be destined to continue it path in the glory of unbalance.

Reactions: PeggleFrank