Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Reactions: DeathOfTime

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Hey just curious, is there a reason UniDict isn't in this pack? It makes life so much easier and makes it so you don't have to worry about converting between mods for materials.

Edit: A word.

Last edited:

BenTheHun1

Apr 7, 2015
U.S.A
So...Minecraft 1.11 is coming out soon. When forge is out for it, will the new infinity packs be 1.11, or will they still be 1.10.2?

Reactions: phit

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
So...Minecraft 1.11 is coming out soon. When forge is out for it, will the new infinity packs be 1.11, or will they still be 1.10.2?

Slowpoke has said that it looks like 1.10.2 will be the gold standard for a while, as far as FtB is concerned. Recent history has shown that older mods can be capable of running on 1.10.2 (Forgecraft is still running many) and hopefully 1.11.x will be just as capable of running 1.10.2 mods. Several Mojang tweets have indicated that no major changes will be implemented for a while... "See you in 1.15" was one I saw, but this may be exaggeration.

Boqzo1

Jul 29, 2019
I'd assume the modding scene is going to stick to 1.10.2 for a while. Of course that depends on if mods are able to just port up like 1.9 and 1.10 mods. It'd be nice if mods could jump right up, always cool playing on the cutting edge of MC. :)

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
There are some changes between 1.10 and 1.11. It won't be quite as smooth as 1.9 to 1.10, but still far better than the 1.7 to 1.8 debacle.

FTB, as ever, is governed by the mods updating. If it's easy and everyone updates, FTB could update right away, even as soon as next month. Or it could be harder and it could be next year.

I do think there's a high likelihood that we will be able to update existing packs and worlds to the new version.

Bdogs1

Jul 29, 2019
It is great to know what happens behind the scene, keep up the great work FTB team! Can't wait to play the modpacks when they are released. ;)

Nedrith

Jul 29, 2019
Nice to see the design philosophy of making new modpacks. It's also great to see expert mode is returning. Currently playing Infitech 2 and even with it's relatively short list of mods I'm still playing it and it's lasted longer than almost every FTB modpack besides 1.7 Infinity evolved expert and skyblock. Hopefully the recipe changes are done as well if not better than the 1.7 version!

Personally, I would like to see more config changes. There are some mods that just destroy other mods overall in power, looking at big reactors and to some degree AE2 for a good example of this, where making config changes such as changing a big reactor's fuel usage or power output percentages would make it a bit more balanced.

Anyways can't wait for the 1.10 packs!

Stroam

Jul 29, 2019
Well this is closer to news about released modpacks. You at least explain a method behind the madness even though it's explained using words such as rough, potential, may, try, and other phrases of uncertainty. Lots of tries in there but glad stability is now the most important feature. Some questions I have.

Our primary goals are to respect the wishes of mod developers irrespective of any licences that may be attached to a mod (In other words if a mod developer wishes us not to use a mod, even though the license says that legally we can. Then where possible we will respect those wishes.)
When has there been a case where it wasn't possible to respect those wishes?

When designing our modpacks we do our best to ensure that our packs are accessible to as wide a base as possible.
Why this philosophy rather than packs targeted at different groups of people?

Beta Testing
During beta testing pack developers will start to refine the configs and make any potential balance changes that need to be made. In addition to this we also start to profile the servers looking for potential memory leaks and other stability issues.
This seems a bit late in the process to be checking for leaks to me. Can you explain why you look at art and configs before leaks? Who is responsible for fixing them in the cases of a flaw in the mod and cross mod issues before the hard set date you've already set by this point?

How do you extend gameplay and decrease grinding?

Are you planning on using infrastructure primarily as gates preventing access to higher tiers or to decrease grinding?

What tools and techniques are you going to use to make item management easier?

I've seen youtubers spend entire episodes gathering items from inventories and crafting. Any plans to decrease the time needed at the crafting grid?

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Well this is closer to news about released modpacks. You at least explain a method behind the madness even though it's explained using words such as rough, potential, may, try, and other phrases of uncertainty. Lots of tries in there but glad stability is now the most important feature. Some questions I have.
What i have been wondering for awhile now is what motivates the team to make packs? I have heard it isn't for any sort of remuneration. Would like to know what it is though.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Hey quick question. Direwolf's new pack isn't on the curse launcher yet? Is it being release for it also?

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Hey quick question. Direwolf's new pack isn't on the curse launcher yet? Is it being release for it also?

If you haven't seen the pack yet, use the "Sort By" box and select "Last Updated" to refresh the list.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
If you haven't seen the pack yet, use the "Sort By" box and select "Last Updated" to refresh the list.
Nah it is on there now may be it just took a few more hours on curses side of things. Thx Anyway.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
It didn't take all that long... I had it downloaded before DWs text hit Twitter, probably because I was spamming the "Sort By" box fairly often :D ... In fact, and this could be inaccurate software, the pack said "0 downloads" when I got it.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
It didn't take all that long... I had it downloaded before DWs text hit Twitter, probably because I was spamming the "Sort By" box fairly often :D ... In fact, and this could be inaccurate software, the pack said "0 downloads" when I got it.
Well I did everything and then searched the name and it wasn't there. But it finally show up when I post it did above.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I think Curse needs to do some work on their pack indexing... It's easy to sort for the newest pack in the list of all packs, like I did, but who knows how long it takes for text tags like the pack name or if the pack is "Official FtB" to propagate into the menu?