Princesses keep disappearing/dying

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Schurf

Jul 29, 2019
So, my beekeeping is pretty good so far. I'm getting a few alvearies, and am trying to get some of the more specialized bees. Things are running just smooth, and I'm automating everything with BC pipes + apiarist's pipes. But every couple of hours I lose a princess in one of my apiaries. Is this some new feature since 1.5.7 or what?

I'm playing the Direwolf20 pack, and at least the (currently buggy version of) Binnies mods is in the pack now, so I can rectify the problem without the biggest of hassles. But even with all my machines set up properly, I still have to spend upwards to 15 minutes every other hour just catching up to the progress I already have. It's extremely annoying when I let the game run over night.

Would just like to know if it's a bug, or if it's some feature that tries to take away the enjoyment I have in beekeeping, and the entire Forestry mod in general. Thanks.

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
To expand on Padfoote.. there are now "ignoble" princesses, which do die off after some number of generations in alvearies and apiaries. However, if you have a species you need, and only have an ignoble princess, you can breed that princess over and over again in Bee Houses, build up enough drones, then use the drones to change a different species Pristine princess to the ignoble species type.

Drones don't have pristine/ignoble, so you can't make a Pristine princess ignoble. Also, Ignoble princesses in Bee Houses never die, so you can keep breeding as many drones as you want.. manually, since Bee Houses can't be automated.

Reactions: Padfoote

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
To expand on Padfoote.. there are now "ignoble" princesses, which do die off after some number of generations in alvearies and apiaries. However, if you have a species you need, and only have an ignoble princess, you can breed that princess over and over again in Bee Houses, build up enough drones, then use the drones to change a different species Pristine princess to the ignoble species type.

Drones don't have pristine/ignoble, so you can't make a Pristine princess ignoble. Also, Ignoble princesses in Bee Houses never die, so you can keep breeding as many drones as you want.. manually, since Bee Houses can't be automated.

What are the chances of getting one or the other in your experience? I havent gotten into bees yet. Just updated binnie's mod to the full release a couple of days ago. I was waiting for it to come out of prerelease before I gave it a go.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
What are the chances of getting one or the other in your experience? I havent gotten into bees yet. Just updated binnie's mod to the full release a couple of days ago. I was waiting for it to come out of prerelease before I gave it a go.

On my current world, I have had about a 25% chance to get a "Pristine" princess.

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
I think Binnie said the odds were something like 20%.

I've found that bee villager huts will have at least two princesses (in the apairies out the back), and potentially more in the chest inside. All of these will be pristine.

I took the path of immediately dropping all ignoble princesses and never bothered with bee houses.

Reactions: RedBoss

Drawde

Jul 29, 2019
I believe the chance varies depending on the species. There rarer the species, the greater the chance of getting a pristine. I think the bees from the End are at 100%.