Preventing mob spawns in a dimension (1.6.4, Custom Pack)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

xKazlyn

Jul 29, 2019
Im trying to make a private modpack; my goal is to have a void world as the central hub then a very hostile and dangerous overworld-style dimension for all resource gathering and whatnot. The issue is, my void world still spawns mobs. My void age is normal sun/stars/lighting/moon, black sky, single biome mushroom island, and a clear modifiers page, i flew around in creative and found some generated structures, that mobs were spawning on, notably mini ghasts from Special Mobs. This isn't a huge issue, except that they have an aggro range of over 100 blocks. So my question is, is there a way to prevent NORMAL spawning in a dimension, but still allow for player-based spawning (i.e. MFR mobspawner, Soul Cage) and if not, does anyone know how to disable certain Special mobs? because i set the config to 0 for them and they still spawn. Thanks!

Edit: if a new mod needs added to do this, ill add it.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Set up Magnum torches about 30-40 blocks from your island in the 4 cardinal directions and then in the middle of them

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
You could also make it a mushroom island single biome (in a void age). I believe the mushroom island biome disables most mob spawning.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, crazy idea... If you don't need your players to kill the end dragon, make The End that "void age" world. That way, you will only have endermen spawn, and then all you need to do, is use a few magnum torches, as they will prevent vanilla mob spawns, and voila, no spawns in that world