Prayers

apemanzilla

Jul 29, 2019
Caused by using an item intended for early game, where you wouldn't have an MPS. If you did, you probably wouldn't be needing to use the item!
Why in the world would you even use a spell like that if you don't have good gear anyways?

draeath

Jul 29, 2019
Go back and read the first post.

facepalm.gif

The rest of it (mob hordes) was a suggestion as a chance to backfire, vs once-per-day.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
That sounds like the opposite of fun.
Ahem.
This is a little mod that was created for the Ultra Hard Survival pack.
If you don't think almost nightmarishly hard is fun you should not be using this mod or it's pack.[DOUBLEPOST=1376009470][/DOUBLEPOST]
Or jump clear over them with your MPS.

I like the idea of the mod, I think it would be very useful for UHC FTB maps/servers.

An MPS with jump boost and an LV capacitor isn't that expensive...

You think the new Ultra Hard Core pack has MPS? LOL LOL LOL

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
There's a difference between Challenging Fun and just playing Russian Roulette.

No. No. Once agane. It's ULTRA HARD MODE. You are expected to die repeatedly. Wild dies repeatedly. And it's his pack. It is an Ultra hard challenge. Every time you log on your are playing Russian Roulette. With a fully loaded gun. Your only hope is that the gun jams or you miss.
Besides it's not like it's certain death. You do the spell near or in your base and you will have plenty of time to take shelter. With proper base defenses you'll get loads of mob drops from it. However If you are completely stupid your F-ed.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
No. No. Once agane. It's ULTRA HARD MODE. You are expected to die repeatedly. Wild dies repeatedly. And it's his pack. It is an Ultra hard challenge. Every time you log on your are playing Russian Roulette. With a fully loaded gun. Your only hope is that the gun jams or you miss.
*puts revolver to head*
*pulls trigger*
*6 people standing around him die*

Well, that didn't go as expected.

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
I'm likely to wrap the mod into TConstruct sometime in the future. In the meantime:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/42769935/Prayer 1.5.2/prayersource.zip

I personally don't think that a prayer mod would fit with the concept of TCon, at least in the purest sense. Sure, it does help for the Ultra Hard Core, and other similar game modes, but not quite in the same realm of tools.

Maybe a separate addition? In normal game-modes, it would be rather ... useless, albeit very cool looking.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I personally don't think that a prayer mod would fit with the concept of TCon, at least in the purest sense. Sure, it does help for the Ultra Hard Core, and other similar game modes, but not quite in the same realm of tools.

Maybe a separate addition? In normal game-modes, it would be rather ... useless, albeit very cool looking.

Prayer isn't meant for normal game modes. It's still only meant for the ULTRA HARD CORE PACK. Including it in TC just makes it easier to manage than as a separate mod.

apemanzilla

Jul 29, 2019
He could use the natural regen flag to detect whether the game is in "UHC" mode and disable it if it's not, just to emphasize the fact it's not meant for regular gameplay.

Reactions: PeggleFrank

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Just to clarify: I've only ever gotten one heart from a prayer, even when I pray at mid day. And, like in the video, I need one lapis and one paper (not two).

Is the "time of day determines regen" a newer feature?

(I installed the "UHS" modpack, but I did not see a newer version of that modpack.)

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Just to clarify: I've only ever gotten one heart from a prayer, even when I pray at mid day. And, like in the video, I need one lapis and one paper (not two).

Is the "time of day determines regen" a newer feature?

(I installed the "UHS" modpack, but I did not see a newer version of that modpack.)
UHS2 is in limited beta. And not on the launcher. Ask wyld on his twitter or twich account for detales on how to get it. But remember you will die so often and crash a little less so.

bwblazerkid

Jul 29, 2019
Just wondering if this will be updated to 1.6.2, since its for a pack that may be in 1.5.2 for a while?

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
It will be updated. UHS3 will be 1.6 or later. UHS3 will be worked on after the magic world 2 and tech world 2 packs.

mDiyo

Jul 29, 2019
Prayers has been updated for 1.6.X. At least one of the packs that this mod fits in should be updated soon. ^^;;

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
I quite like this mod and I was thinking about using it, however I'm not sure what the purpose of using it would be without UHS. Is there one?