Pranks you have played on other players

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

kittle

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting prank in vanilla - use worldEdit to select my friend's entire base. Then replace all air blocks with sand.

He got back by flooding my base with 10,000 chickens and lagged me out of the game.

kittle

Jul 29, 2019
I've done that before. Only difference was that I put a hidden pocket of lava in there. My friend's wooden house didn't appreciate the prank.
i'll bet not.

"good" pranks are annoying, but non-destructive. ie no lost blocks in your base, and no player deaths.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
i'll bet not.

"good" pranks are annoying, but non-destructive. ie no lost blocks in your base, and no player deaths.

The worst thing he lost was the 32 or so planks he built it out of. Everything else was contained within chests / furnaces, or buried underground.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Have to say, my favorite prank is setting up note blocks in walls with timers. Set some up for minutes, others for an hour, and wait for the base owner to go full on screaming rage trying to find them all. I hid 2 stacks in a friend's base and it took him over a week to find them all.
The Modded Version of that is adding Cicadas to peoples homes.
God help us all of they add Multipart support for those bloody things.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Praise be for sonic goggles!

I quite like the idea of the trophies, though...
Anything with warded blocks seems a little unfair, but deadly, of course.

Reactions: abculatter_2

vertagen

Jul 29, 2019
Since someone linked the video where they prank Z with OCD, I remmembered the paintings prank they did. My friend started a new base right afer.

null123

Mar 27, 2014
I'm a fan of miniscule changes that MOST likely no one notices immediately. Example: Change a stone brick to a cracked stone brick. Or use a wrench on a chest and face it the wrong direction. Maybe modify a sign and put a typo in it.

Things that only would affect a player with OCD. Moving a doorway off center would also qualify as a perfect prank.

Also a decent egg deployer prank is a lot of fun. But that's about as far as I'd like to go, they get kinda wonky if people put in 200 noisy bugs or loads of sentries.
Lol, I love those subtle trolls :) Btw, for the last one, you would have to be in pretty Dire circumstances ;)

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
I've never pulled any really good ones, but I'll tell you two stories; one of my favourite that was pulled on me (even if it did royally piss me off at the time, I had to admit it was funny) and one very long-term one that I'm planning on my latest server.

The first was on our first server ever, in Vanilla. It was only maybe a week in. My friend and I had more or less finished carving our base out of the mountainside, and it was getting super late for me, but I really wanted to finish the nether portal off since I finally had the materials. I set up the room, added an iron door, built the portal and lit it; let him know that the portal was finally finished and logged (we worked opposite shifts at the time.)

It was my day off, so I got up and logged onto the server soon after. First thing I wanted to do, naturally, was check out what laid beyond the portal, so I headed through. Ryan had built a little portal room and put a few amusing (to him, anyway) signs around the area; beyond that, there was a bridge leading to another room he'd built that would eventually house our transit hub; the portal had actually spawned pretty high up.

So, I took a minute to look around, then headed out across the bridge to see what he'd put there. Most of you have probably guessed the rest of the story by this point, but to make it short, he'd also taken the time to slap down a pressure plate on the bridge and wire up some TNT. In my just-awake state, it took me a good minute or two to figure out why I'd suddenly been blown into the air and then gone down for a crash landing below.

Ok, so now, my plans; because none of my friends read these forums, bwahaha.

My basic idea is that I'm going to be making a self-enclosed, highly-technological base. I'll be ready to start the basic build with MFFS soon.

Now, as many tech players may be aware, both MFFS and RotaryCraft (which I have to do a lot of research on in the coming days) come with a variety of defensive devices, which allow you to whitelist players. And the first thing anyone coming to my base is going to run into is a simple reinforced door, which will very likely have a CCTV and a player sensor hanging out nearby. This door will have a very simple warning, along the lines of "Danger! Do not press this switch! Do not open this door!"

Knowing my friends, who heavily resemble Gir in some respects, this will of course be irresistible.

Unfortunately for them, so will the heat ray/railgun/laser gun/whichever viciously powerful turret I position behind it, which will rather unhelpfully be triggered when the door opens.

I'm planning to extend this theme over much of the base; traps shall abound, all of which require the player's active participation in their own brutal devastation.

I'm rather looking forward to it, and I'm going to see if I can record any fatalities for posterity.

vertagen

Jul 29, 2019
I made my friend's place doozy using Random Inverted SKy blocks and totally surrounding his base with it. Since he rarerly goes out of his base i think it will take him a while to notice xD.