Powered spawner setup not working - Need help figuring out why

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Don_Brko

Jul 29, 2019
http://prntscr.com/5wjkso
http://prntscr.com/5wjl5x

Okay so the problem is. My auto spawner and the zombie and blaze spawners ( the ones on the right and the left) are working perfectly. The enderman spawner in the middle is just showing particles but not spawning endermen. It is working tho. Any idea why? I have supplied it enough RF. I don't think space should be a problem there's plenty of it. What am I doing wrong?

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
If there's not sufficient space above the spawner mobs will not spawn, put it on the floor.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
http://prntscr.com/5wjkso
http://prntscr.com/5wjl5x

Okay so the problem is. My auto spawner and the zombie and blaze spawners ( the ones on the right and the left) are working perfectly. The enderman spawner in the middle is just showing particles but not spawning endermen. It is working tho. Any idea why? I have supplied it enough RF. I don't think space should be a problem there's plenty of it. What am I doing wrong?
There is not sufficient space above the spawner. Raise the roof so there is at least 3 blocks above the spawner. Don't place it on the floor as the spawner spawns downwards 1 block and you want mobs to fall out of range of the spawner to avoid it from decreasing spawn rate.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
My usual setup for spawners is a room with internal 9 x 9 x 9 space and the spawner right in the middle.

Conduits are usually ran from the top of the room, straight down to the spawner.

That way you get a large enough space for most mobs to spawn in.

If you want to run multiple spawners in the same room, you can expand the room horizontally by one square each to the left or right, depending on where you place the spawners.

Also, to prevent mobs from spawning on top of your spawner and conduits, place halfslabs on the spawners and use conduit facades to cover up your conduits.

And for a room that big, I have conveyor belts moving spawns towards either a kill zone or a hole if you are doing the drop to one hp method.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
My usual setup for spawners is a room with internal 9 x 9 x 9 space and the spawner right in the middle.

Conduits are usually ran from the top of the room, straight down to the spawner.

That way you get a large enough space for most mobs to spawn in.

If you want to run multiple spawners in the same room, you can expand the room horizontally by one square each to the left or right, depending on where you place the spawners.

Also, to prevent mobs from spawning on top of your spawner and conduits, place halfslabs on the spawners and use conduit facades to cover up your conduits.

And for a room that big, I have conveyor belts moving spawns towards either a kill zone or a hole if you are doing the drop to one hp method.
+1
Except I usually go a bit larger for more room for ghasts to spawn(they need up to a 5x5x5 box). And I let the mobs drop a bit further down to get them out of the detection range.
I have several examples of how I set it up in my thread in the showcase section. Using ME and CC to automate exchanging nets.
Edit: Link to example: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...uide-collection-etc.42664/page-25#post-842776

Last edited:

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
+1
Except I usually go a bit larger for more room for ghasts to spawn(they need up to a 5x5x5 box). And I let the mobs drop a bit further down to get them out of the detection range.
I have several examples of how I set it up in my thread in the showcase section. Using ME and CC to automate exchanging nets.

if I need to spawn ghasts I always prefer those carminite ghasts from Twilight Forest, much smaller in size and drop ghast tears just as well
also the corporeal attractor from Thaumic Tinkerer is great for mobs that are a problem to move using conveyor belts, the attractor will just pull or push them into the direction you want

Reactions: rhn and PierceSG

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
For flying mobs, I just use 8 MFR grinders. Positioned properly, you can cover a 10 length by 10 width by 8 height kill room. I have a special room just for the wisps. ;)

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
if I need to spawn ghasts I always prefer those carminite ghasts from Twilight Forest, much smaller in size and drop ghast tears just as well
also the corporeal attractor from Thaumic Tinkerer is great for mobs that are a problem to move using conveyor belts, the attractor will just pull or push them into the direction you want
Yeha good idea. I just have this thing where I never get around to going to TF, despite how much I plan to do so. Don't think I have been since 1.4.7 despite having it in every single pack I have played :p

For flying mobs, I just use 8 MFR grinders. Positioned properly, you can cover a 10 length by 10 width by 8 height kill room. I have a special room just for the wisps. ;)
Yeah I also just put a few grinders on the walls of my spawner room to deal with Ghasts. Blazes/Blizz etc. falls to the conveyors due to never seeing players as the room is completely sealed.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Yeha good idea. I just have this thing where I never get around to going to TF, despite how much I plan to do so. Don't think I have been since 1.4.7 despite having it in every single pack I have played :p

Yeah I also just put a few grinders on the walls of my spawner room to deal with Ghasts. Blazes/Blizz etc. falls to the conveyors due to never seeing players as the room is completely sealed.

when playing modded the Twilight Forest kinds of becomes too easy unless you make some rules for yourself
in my current world I'm currently trying to get all the achievements and safari net all the mobs.

I can only loot 1 dungeon of each type unless you I need to complete more dungeons to complete an achievement.
in turn I can quarry hollow hills, but only with ender quarries

Reactions: rhn

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
when playing modded the Twilight Forest kinds of becomes too easy unless you make some rules for yourself
in my current world I'm currently trying to get all the achievements and safari net all the mobs.

I can only loot 1 dungeon of each type unless you I need to complete more dungeons to complete an achievement.
in turn I can quarry hollow hills, but only with ender quarries
Yeah know what you mean. Used to only get around to going there for serious stuff once I had full invincibility from armour and heavy damage weapons etc. So could easily just get some maps and hack my way through a load of bosses, raid a ton of wizards castles, maze etc. all on my own in one sitting :p

But I like to have it as a pool of resources for certain building materials, mobs like the deers and birds for park builds, unique trees and plants and stuff.