Power Swapping.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
I know you can turn EU into MJ using eletrical engine, anyway i can turn MJ into EU?

CoderJ

Jul 29, 2019
Not really unless the Transformers mod is added... honestly, I prefer it the way it is now but other people's mileage may vary; it's way to easy to build an engine farm (especially once you have the resources to put together a self-maintaining steam boiler).

-- Off Topic (kinda) --
Did anybody else initially see the topic and go "OMG... people are doing that here?" before the realized the first word was "Power"? ;)

Bracye

Jul 29, 2019
Not that I know of. I'm using the bio gen and it works great for powering a lot of machines with a magma crucible attached.

Stanekk

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, thats what's direwolf is doing atm, nuclear reactor outputting steam. But i don't know if the turbines accept EU, if they do, awesome!

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
It goes in bursts, but the Magma Crucible can of course output into a Geothermal Generator. I don't think even a pipe is needed.

Stanekk

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah thats right, this way there are alot of possibilities, but i think he really means conversion from existing MJ

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
You CAN convert existing MJ to EU that way. Just direct your Conductive Pipes/Conduits to a Magma Crucible + Igneous Extruder combo and have it output to a Geothermal Generator. Again, it goes in bursts, but if that's not using your MJ network to produce EU, I don't know what is. It's definitely more direct than Biogas since all it takes are setting up the machines and then just routing BC power into the crucible.