Power Plant Ideas

LegendofMo

Jul 29, 2019
I am interested in making realistic power plants for FTB. Here are some of my prototypes made in creative
Geothermal: (using geothermal generators powered by lava pumped from the Nether) Geothermal.png
Nuclear: Using a nuclear reactor (in the dome shaped building) The cooling tower with the green stripe has no purpose but to look pretty. And grey.NuclearMC.jpg

Here's coal, which can also be used with oil (really simple) Put coal, charcoal, or coal coke in a Generator, or put Crude Oil in a semi fluid generatorcoalmc.jpg

How about you guys? Do you try to make a realistic power plant? Mind posting a pic of yours?

Attachments

• iceland-geothermal-power-plant.jpg
    iceland-geothermal-power-plant.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 357
  • 4679776-coal-power-plant-with-coal-in-front.jpg
    4679776-coal-power-plant-with-coal-in-front.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 351
  • nuclear-power-plant-9igh.jpg
    nuclear-power-plant-9igh.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 313
  • Nuclear power plant v2.1.jpg
    Nuclear power plant v2.1.jpg
    725.5 KB · Views: 445

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
They look nice. I once made something in a similar fashion to your nuclear reactor on a server, but then it got shut down in favor of a mindcrack server :(

LegendofMo

Jul 29, 2019
They look nice. I once made something in a similar fashion to your nuclear reactor on a server, but then it got shut down in favor of a mindcrack server :(

Thanks! and I'm sorry about that. I personally think Ultimate is much better than MindCrack pack. Just my thoughts

GeorgeP

Jul 29, 2019
OH yeah man, dont be afraid to scale it up a notch, you do have the right idea going tho, i like how its in the wasteland biome:D

LegendofMo

Jul 29, 2019
OH yeah man, dont be afraid to scale it up a notch, you do have the right idea going tho, i like how its in the wasteland biome:D

Yea I originally chose wasteland for the Nuclear, because no one lives near a Nuke plant.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if you're on 1.4.7 or 1.5.2, but if you're still on 1.4.7 try experimenting with microblocks in your builds

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if you're on 1.4.7 or 1.5.2, but if you're still on 1.4.7 try experimenting with microblocks in your builds
If you scale up the build, microblocks are not necessary. It also adds to the immersion. When making "real" buildings in minecraft, you kinda have to build in a large scale just to give the effect of proper definitely. Circles are a prime example.

Good job guy. I'd definitely scale it up though.

LegendofMo

Jul 29, 2019
Wow these ARE kinda bad compared to my new ones :/ Still building them though. Will put up picture soon!

LegendofMo

Jul 29, 2019
What do you think of my nuclear power plant 2.1? It looks more realistic, although I am still having problems sizing it up :mad:
Working on a form of oil/coal to replace that box with tubes xD

ryter78

Jul 29, 2019
I really like the way that you incorporated some of the TF blocks, including how you used them to make smokestacks. :D

LegendofMo

Jul 29, 2019
Introducing v2 Power plants!!!! I have taken upsizing and microblocks into consideration on these ones! Coal/oil fueled plant Version 2!
Coal v2.0.jpg
[DOUBLEPOST=1375341403][/DOUBLEPOST]Nuclear version 2!!!
Nuclear power plant v2.1.jpg

LegendofMo

Jul 29, 2019
Okay I've got something going here... These are just the outlines of what is going to be a great magnificent power plant!
NPP outline.jpg