power armor and the twilight forest

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

mk16

Jul 29, 2019
so i know that all mobs in the forest have the rust effect bur now they can one hit destroy your power armor? what gives?

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Isn't there not now a mechanism rendering Power Armor useless anyway? In Direwolf20's videos he was immobilized/ stunned if he had the armor on.
I think the author of Twilight Forest realizes how jetpacks and power armor really trivializes the content that being said so does every other mod. TwF is placed in a odd balance level, it's difficulty is somewhere in between the nether and end, only TwF has more content making it harder then the end but by the time you reach those places you can build some pretty strong gear that's stronger then everything in the Twilight Forest. It's also balanced around vanilla primarily.

Just go a non power armor route for protection, there are plenty of alternatives. This is depending on your mod pack of course.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Isn't there not now a mechanism rendering Power Armor useless anyway? In Direwolf20's videos he was immobilized/ stunned if he had the armor on.
I think the author of Twilight Forest realizes how jetpacks and power armor really trivializes the content that being said so does every other mod. TwF is placed in a odd balance level, it's difficulty is somewhere in between the nether and end, only TwF has more content making it harder then the end but by the time you reach those places you can build some pretty strong gear that's stronger then everything in the Twilight Forest. It's also balanced around vanilla primarily.

Just go a non power armor route for protection, there are plenty of alternatives. This is depending on your mod pack of course.
Isnt TF like e Aether where only its armor is useful in the dimension?

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
When my last suit of power armor ran out of energy in the TF, it started to take durability damage. I had to go repair it with a vanilla anvil later, by using some iron. Not such a big deal, although I don't have infernal mobs... yet.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
I hope it gets there faster. power armor is OP when running through TF content.
Well I partially agree there, I find it sad how the content in Twilight Forest gets trivialized by other mods. Even with the humble hedge maze, it feels kind of wrong to just fly to the center.
But these nerfs do feel rather like artificial difficulty and feel weirder then cheating with flight. In FTB packs it will just make players wonder what the point of going there is, other then a genuine desire to explore.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I must admit that I quite liked exploring the TF even when fully protected in advanced tech armour. But if I cant be adequately protected when going there with these kinds of armours, then I am the type who is most likely to just stay away. The prospect of dying and loosing all my tools and weapons is simply too much compared to what I can gain from exploring.

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
I must admit that I quite liked exploring the TF even when fully protected in advanced tech armour. But if I cant be adequately protected when going there with these kinds of armours, then I am the type who is most likely to just stay away. The prospect of dying and loosing all my tools and weapons is simply too much compared to what I can gain from exploring.
if you play ssp, sure.

but if you play smp and see any pvp, then it's worth ditching the power armor and grabbing your secondary tools and such (but don't forget your ender pouch). or, if the server has an economy, *poof* a new market appears. the spry young upstarts can cut their teeth in TF and sell the proceeds to the power armor clad folk like yourself.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

mk16

Jul 29, 2019
A note about the rust effect, it won't do much to a piece of bedrock armor since it is
One: Unbreakable
Two: It has a enormous damage value level. So even if the rust effect makes it take damage, it won't take much.

good to know seeing as i moved to monster now.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Not command blocks. Ars Magica Casters.
Either way its role play. There is nothing other than player interaction causing the Power Suit to not function. I really wish he would just say that he prefers using magical armor in the Twilight Forest instead of this role play. He doesn't do role play in any other part of his series and people take it as if this is part of the mod when it isn't.

:p

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Either way its role play. There is nothing other than player interaction causing the Power Suit to not function. I really wish he would just say that he prefers using magical armor in the Twilight Forest instead of this role play. He doesn't do role play in any other part of his series and people take it as if this is part of the mod when it isn't.

:p
I probably should have known that lol.