Bug Possible memory bug in DW20 1.10 Version 1.6?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
Hi All,

I've been having a lot of stability issues with the last two updated to the DW20 pack, granted they are still listed as beta.

However, I was thinking of creating a new world on the current version of the Mod Pack, as the server just stopping with scarely little info in the debug log.

Or should i just keep ploughing ahead?

I'm a few episodes behind though, what do you think?

-Wuffle?

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
OK I think I found the problem...

When I go to use Refined Storage, memory begins going up and up until server runs out of RAM and minecraft just crashes

upload_2017-2-19_19-41-20.png

As you can see on the graph (I run our server on CreeperHost, these performance charts are handy)

I'll see if I can link this image to the support post I made. I see the problem occur when I go
to use Refined Storage's crafting terminal however this correlation does not necessarily indicate causation.

-Wuffle!

Last edited:

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
We rolled back to 1.5.1 and are seeing same problem.

will check if it is a specific pattern that's causing the issue in refined storage and report back. Will open tech support item as well.

-Wuffle!

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
OK we figured it out, will post here and in tech support post.

The problem was caused by a 'circular reference' in the Refined Storage Auto crafting system.

We had a pattern for 'Quite Clear Glass' which was encoded to smelt 3 vanilla glass blocks to make one black of 'Quite Clear glass'.
We also had a pattern to produce 'Glass' (Vanilla glass block) which was encoded to smelt 1 block of 'Quite clear glass' to make 1 block of vanilla glass.

This obviously caused a 'circular reference loop' in Refined Storage, which eventually leads to the server running out of memory.

If someone else comes across this issue in future, with this mod in this mod pack at this revision, please ensure your processing or crafting
pattern do not contain circular references, as it could crash the server.

-Wuffle.