Possible Corrupted Chunk Help?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

MrMFretwell

Jul 29, 2019
Hey there everyone,

I was recently playing FTB Lite 2 on a server (hosted on my own machine) and I was building an Enderman farm, but suddenly out of the blue the game crashed when I tried to place some of those borderstone bricks. When I attempt to log in to the game it continues to crash. The whole world isn't corrupted as I can access other parts of the world just fine (via another account) but when I attempt to load that area the game crashes. I'm not seeing any error message in the server console other than just the player generically disconnected. Has anyone else had similar issues or is this a known bug? I'm not sure if the chunks are corrupted and if I'm going to be able to get it back or not, could anyone help me? :)

PasteBin of Crash Log (Clientside)

Last edited:

Platinawolf

Jul 29, 2019
What happens if you load the world as a singleplayer world? Does that give you any crash-logs?

MrMFretwell

Jul 29, 2019
I get a crash log similar to when I crash on the server which I have pasted into a pastebin here (will add to the main post)

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I get a crash log similar to when I crash on the server which I have pasted into a pastebin here (will add to the main post)

Based on what is showing up in that crashlog (and I'm guessing here, I'm not a dev / experienced with code) it's a render issue. Try going into MCEdit and deleting the blocks you last placed there that caused the crash to see if that fixes it.

Remember to back up everything before you do this though.

MrMFretwell

Jul 29, 2019
Based on what is showing up in that crashlog (and I'm guessing here, I'm not a dev / experienced with code) it's a render issue. Try going into MCEdit and deleting the blocks you last placed there that caused the crash to see if that fixes it.

Remember to back up everything before you do this though.

Thanks! I made a backup and removed the block in MCEdit, then loaded up my SP copy and it worked. For some reason those bricks and the end don't play nice.

Again big thanks for your help! :)

Reactions: Padfoote

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
For future reference, it is also a bad idea to put those blocks at y level 1/2, as a few in Agrarian Skies found out to their dismay.