Request Poor Player's ME System

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

KovacsA

Jul 29, 2019
Hello!

I am trying to make an elegant Applied Energistics-like system out of Extra Utilities's pipes.
I am thinking about something like this:

But this is not working, because one of the items is always looping, going around like this:

So the other stacks won't get updated until the second stack of spruce wood planks runs out.

Is it possible to make it?

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Not quite sure what this is supposed to achieve but you have extraction from both wooden chests so any items that go into them will be sucked out and head towards the diamond chest. When the diamond chest gets filled they will just go from wooden chest to wooden chest looping continuously. You can apply a filter in the transfer nodes to not pull items out but again not sure what you're trying to achieve.

There are various other transfer pipes you could apply if you let us know what you are trying to do here.

KovacsA

Jul 29, 2019
I want to have in the diamond chest ALWAYS 1 stack of EVERY item. The other stacks, items can go to the wooden chests or somewhere.

Last edited:

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
If you really want to use non-AE storage, LogisticPipes (LP) or red logic controllers /w ComputerCraft & ExtraPeripherals will be your best bet. I'd say, just find the quartz and build yourself a drive. Add 1k or 4k cells whenever you can afford it.

I manually mine my materials and have enough to build a pretty decent, multi-channel'd AE system. It is probably better for you to learn how to AE efficiently, than finding a work around. If you want to use AE, you might as well go all the way.

Bruigaar

Jul 29, 2019
A rationing pipe at the diamond chest would only let 1 stack of whatever to go into that chest where everything else would go to other chests. But you would constantly have to loop items pat said chest to keep it full. That would do what you wanted it to but it would also cause a lot of lag. That due to having large amounts of transfer nodes searching for open slots and then all the items transferring causing tick lag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
Just have [Single wood chest]>[Transfer node]>[Transfer pipes]>[Rationing pipe]>[Diamond chest]