Pneumatic Tube replacement?

Feyriin

Jul 29, 2019
Tubes are the major thing I miss about red power, and I know that'll be done when it's done. Anyone have any suggestions on a mod I could go grab and add to have the same sort of tubes?

Spasticon

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumcraft Golems!

I love them. <3 <3 <3

They provide similar functionality to the pneumatic tubes and look much cooler. The only thing I'm not thrilled with is the color block you have to use to indicate that a chest/object is a golem interaction target. Those things are kind of ugly.

K4b6

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumcraft Golems!

I love them. <3 <3 <3

They provide similar functionality to the pneumatic tubes and look much cooler. The only thing I'm not thrilled with is the color block you have to use to indicate that a chest/object is a golem interaction target. Those things are kind of ugly.

True but they are super glitchy and they have a bunch of problems if you want a pipe system just for SP and not MP which I'm guessing you are then get logistic pipes from the buildcraft web site. if you can't find it on the site search google for it and it will direct you to it

Feyriin

Jul 29, 2019
well I run a private server for my family (all in house, hosted on a local machine, etc) so it'd be MP. I was under the (mis?)understanding that thaumcraft was SP only. I'm running the default FTB pack, getting frustrated with gregtech yet enjoying the challenge too, all that good stuff.

I just want a pipe that doesn't throw stuff on the floor if the chest is full

Spasticon

Jul 29, 2019
Ah yea. Thaumcraft 3 MP is in the Magic World pack. If you don't want to add any mods to the basic FTB beta pack then you have 2 possible options:

1. Create an endless loop using an iron pipe. The items will just keep circling forever until there is room. This can get problematic over time since the pipe can end up with a crazy amount of items circling in it causing lag.

2. Arrange it so that the items drop down a level when your destination is full and pick them up with an obsidian pipe which just routes directly to a void pipe (or other appropriate pipe destination).

Bahnmor

Jul 29, 2019
Would Railcraft maybe work in some places? I know loaders aren't really an option for on-site item moving or sorting, but they could work in some situations. Such as moving items in bulk from a forestry farm area or a reasonably distant quarry back to your main base.

Spasticon

Jul 29, 2019
... Railcraft ...

Oh... excellent idea. Railcraft routing is a fairly hefty investment so I tend to forget about it unless I'm routing between worlds/ages.

He could set up Railcraft routes for just those that have overflow problems. He wouldn't need to replace his entire pipe infrastructure.

Bahnmor

Jul 29, 2019
I suppose it really only replaces mag-tubes, rather than pneumatics. Could the Cargo Manager from Steve's Carts even be used for some basic sorting? Then filtering into a small BC pipe system to finish it off?

Hmm. I'm warming to the idea. I've not really looked at Railcraft beyond Coke Ovens yet. I may have to play with such a setup myself...

K4b6

Jul 29, 2019
well I run a private server for my family (all in house, hosted on a local machine, etc) so it'd be MP. I was under the (mis?)understanding that thaumcraft was SP only. I'm running the default FTB pack, getting frustrated with gregtech yet enjoying the challenge too, all that good stuff.

I just want a pipe that doesn't throw stuff on the floor if the chest is full
Well is it an actual server like where you download the separate jar for it or do you just open it to lan?? if you did just open to lan then you should be able to download it to all the accounts and it should work (note should). On the other hand thaumcraft is a great mod but it can add a good amount of memory to a server, also if you have a router from factorization you can make a one line pipe system with some buildcraft pipes to it and it will fill up a barrels with out any complex piping system and it works with anything non IC right now.. so you can hook it up to furnaces and pulverizers the same way I can post a vid here to show you later when I get home.

railcraft is a good option without adding any mods if you know how to use it.

Feyriin

Jul 29, 2019
Well is it an actual server like where you download the separate jar for it or do you just open it to lan?? if you did just open to lan then you should be able to download it to all the accounts and it should work (note should). On the other hand thaumcraft is a great mod but it can add a good amount of memory to a server, also if you have a router from factorization you can make a one line pipe system with some buildcraft pipes to it and it will fill up a barrels with out any complex piping system and it works with anything non IC right now.. so you can hook it up to furnaces and pulverizers the same way I can post a vid here to show you later when I get home.

railcraft is a good option without adding any mods if you know how to use it.

A vid would be great about the routers, so far a lot of factorization stuff confuses me, just started using FTB this last week.

As far as server, yes, full on separate jar server (so I can have the server running without minecraft open)

Feyriin

Jul 29, 2019
If it's a matter of power or materials, I've got that covered. So much death going through Mystcraft ages, but I got enough materials to build a matter fabricator, and I've got ultimate solar panels going now to back it up. Best gregtech thing ever. (the fabricator, that is)

Ember Quill

Nov 2, 2012
True but they are super glitchy and they have a bunch of problems if you want a pipe system just for SP and not MP which I'm guessing you are then get logistic pipes from the buildcraft web site. if you can't find it on the site search google for it and it will direct you to it
I'd recommend Logistics Pipes as well. They've got really good sorting/routing functionality and they don't dump stuff out on the floor.

If you're running the FTB Beta pack, you can't use Thaumcraft golems anyway. Thaumcraft 3 is only for 1.4.5 and the default FTB pack is still on 1.4.2.