Please use our new support site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dgkallday123420

Jul 29, 2019
I am wondering if someone can help me to make my worlds not corrupt. They become corrupt usually when i start to begin with thaumcraft, so im forced to not use a cool mod;(. (also i crash)

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I am wondering if someone can help me to make my worlds not corrupt. They become corrupt usually when i start to begin with thaumcraft, so im forced to not use a cool mod;(. (also i crash)
You need to post a help support request in the Tech Support section. With at the very least a console log

siebharrin

Jul 29, 2019
So.. one login for the forums, another one for the support desk.. and if you want to help the wiki, another one?

Piripács

Jul 29, 2019
What happened with the Tech Support site?
I have a few questions there, and today I check back to see if any one is answered or not, but the site doesn't exist anymore. A completely new site pop up, and I can't log in with my name and password that I used before.
Where I can find my questions, and what happened with the datas I registered on that site?

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
The support site has moved. If you need help, please file a ticket on the new site, and I will get to it when I'm done catching up on the overnight requests. Not many this morning, so it should be long :)

TLOU15

Jul 29, 2019
That site is as useful as kick in the teeth; the formatting makes it nearly impossible to read. I just had my support ticket closed because I didn't follow the bug format they wanted when I had never seen the post before. If they want people to follow a format then ask politely don't use a multi colored multi font sized blaring screen spew that is impossible to read.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
That site is as useful as kick in the teeth; the formatting makes it nearly impossible to read. I just had my support ticket closed because I didn't follow the bug format they wanted when I had never seen the post before. If they want people to follow a format then ask politely don't use a multi colored multi font sized blaring screen spew that is impossible to read.
I likely responded to your ticket. If I did, I probably sent you this:
Please read this post carefully: http://desk.feed-the-beast.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/10/0/using-the-support-desk You are being asked to read this article because you have not provided the information that is requested within it.
If you didn't respond to your ticket after 2 days then your ticket was closed. I only close tickets that are answered or have no response after 2 days.
I send the link so that people read the Article about how to use the support desk. I send it to EVERYONE who does not provide that information. Without that information, I can't properly help you.
If you don't respond after 48 hours (2 days) I close your ticket.

Edit: I'm also, at this point the only active person on it. Today I am not answering tickets, because I'm the only one who regularly does, and I need a day off from it. There are currently over 500 unassigned tickets in the inbox. After doing the math, I close 92% of all tickets I take simply due to the fact that the person with the problem doesn't respond to me. I can't help you if you don't communicate with me.

Reactions: Lawbroken

Skirty_007

Jul 29, 2019
Edit: I'm also, at this point the only active person on it. Today I am not answering tickets, because I'm the only one who regularly does, and I need a day off from it. There are currently over 500 unassigned tickets in the inbox. After doing the math, I close 92% of all tickets I take simply due to the fact that the person with the problem doesn't respond to me. I can't help you if you don't communicate with me.

I feel your pain. Having done this sort of thing for a living, wild horses couldn't drag me to do this on a voluntary basis. I guess that either makes you a better person than me, or more crazy ;-)

Sorry for the off topic, but I think sometimes ordinary people don't actually understand how difficult it is to understand/troubleshoot an issue when only given half a story.

Reactions: Ashzification

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I feel your pain. Having done this sort of thing for a living, wild horses couldn't drag me to do this on a voluntary basis. I guess that either makes you a better person than me, or more crazy ;-)

Sorry for the off topic, but I think sometimes ordinary people don't actually understand how difficult it is to understand/troubleshoot an issue when only given half a story.
:)
That is all.

Edit: I lied. I feel the need to correct this: I am just an ordinary person ;)

TLOU15

Jul 29, 2019
Don't get me wrong I understand how difficult the job is and appreciate your effort but you have made it harder by using a multisized, multicolored instruction page that is impossible for people with colorblindness issues to read.

Also if you want people to follow a bug reporting format then include it in submitting page not hidden deep in the site. If you are going to make rules on how to submit a ticket they should be linked on every page and listed on the submit page in clean, easy to read text. If I knew more about code and how to actually read the error/crash reports I would happily help out and try to on the forum itself in areas I know what the problem is I only resort to the help desk for things I think need dev attention.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
impossible for people with colorblindness issues to read.
Copy what is in the article and paste it into Notepad. {Edit: I used highlighting and large font to grab attention because I know, regardless how many times I link it, and how many times someone is told to read something, they won't read it}

you want people to follow a bug reporting format then include it in submitting page not hidden deep in the site.
I did not set the website up.

If you are going to make rules on how to submit a ticket they should be linked on every page and listed on the submit page in clean, easy to read text.

It's in the center of the Knowledgebase main screen. It is common knowledge to read available information before posting about it.

{Edit: Regardless, I only close tickets for my 2 aforementioned reasons. Lack of response or solved issue}

Reactions: Booker The Geek

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Request a change from whoever runs it?
I have enough to deal with handling the majority of the tickets. Asking people to read an article first is the easiest way for me to get my point across.
Approximately 25% provide all of the information needed up front. The other 75% don't, so they get directed to the article.

92% of all my tickets are not answered after I respond to them. Yours being one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.