Please make a "How To" for this section

Aritzh

Jul 29, 2019
For what I understand, the Launcher checks for new modpacks in a file online. Wouldn't it be possible to add a config file, where we could add custom repos for MP/CM/TP? This way, the official ones will be there (they wouldn't be in the config, but hardcoded) and we (as a youtuber, modder and player) could add new MP/CM/TP and share a link for people to add it to their config, so that they could play with the same MP/CM/TP

I think I repeated myself too much, but I wanted people to understand clearly my idea.

Hope tis is helpful,

Aritz

eapo108

Jul 29, 2019
because we wont add it to the launcher until we validate the permissions, Oh and aggressive language like that aimed at a global moderator will not be tolerated. I suggest you calm down.
i have 2 questions 1 what if its a custom pack for whitelist server and 2 how do you make a pack using the private pack code thing

Lathanael

Jul 29, 2019
Contact us (the Mod Pack Team) via a PM on the forums detailing your pack (The guidelines posted on this Forum still apply! Read them and include all relevant information)

eapo108

Jul 29, 2019
Contact us (the Mod Pack Team) via a PM on the forums detailing your pack (The guidelines posted on this Forum still apply! Read them and include all relevant information)
its not my pack im asking for the user deadlyapples

CoderJ

Jul 29, 2019
Well; do you need permission to mods if they are already listed under the "Mods" tab on the main website?

Yes.

Refer to the spreadsheet here (also linked in the big post stickied to the top of this sub-forum labeled "Outline and intentions of 3rd party mod packs"... subtle hint, you should probably read that. Seriously.) for which mods you need to secure permissions for as well as various terms/conditions. To put it simply, it's the mod pack creator's job to make sure that they have permissions; the mods listed under "Mods" on the main website are mods that the FTB Team has secured for use in their packs, not yours. Even though your pack may be distributed via the FTB Launcher, it's not an "official" FTB pack so you don't get to reap the benefit of the legwork they've already done getting permissions... although the spreadsheet makes it pretty obvious what does and doesn't need to happen to get most of them ;).

Seriously, read Outline and intentions of 3rd party mod packs.... then read Guidelines for Private Server Mod Packs. The process is pretty straightforward.