Playing Mindcrack, have a few questions.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

EggoSlayer

Jul 29, 2019
I'm currently at a point in my world where I would really like to get some tesseracts for lava/energy/item transferring. What's the best way to go about getting enderpearls in this pack? (I have GregTech disabled by the way). Should I just make a few Athames and go to town on them every time night falls? Is there a better way to go about it?

If I were to go after Enderman and have a Soul Shard to suck their souls into, would it be worth it to create a lower-tiered Spawner? I just can't really see myself killing the hundreds of Enderman required to make a tier-5 Shard...

Also, I remember when I was playing FTB Unleashed that I could use Steam Boilers (was that Railcraft?) to give me a good deal of energy, but I remember using Power Converters so I could turn that into EU and MJ. Is there any way to turn Steam energy into MJ or EU in this pack without having access to Power Converters?

Reactions: mattp_12

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
I'm currently at a point in my world where I would really like to get some tesseracts for lava/energy/item transferring. What's the best way to go about getting enderpearls in this pack? (I have GregTech disabled by the way). Should I just make a few Athames and go to town on them every time night falls? Is there a better way to go about it?

If I were to go after Enderman and have a Soul Shard to suck their souls into, would it be worth it to create a lower-tiered Spawner? I just can't really see myself killing the hundreds of Enderman required to make a tier-5 Shard...

Also, I remember when I was playing FTB Unleashed that I could use Steam Boilers (was that Railcraft?) to give me a good deal of energy, but I remember using Power Converters so I could turn that into EU and MJ. Is there any way to turn Steam energy into MJ or EU in this pack without having access to Power Converters?
If there are rougelike dungeons in the pack you can go to a lower level floor and find an enderman spawner. Set up a chunk loader and make an unbreakable TiCon sword. If you put that plus a soul shard into a automonus activator, the sword gives it kills. So, just put the activator in front of the spawner, (close off all light) and KA POW! It will take a while but it's worth it. You can also try making a bunch of autospawners and catch a bunch of enderman.

Reactions: EggoSlayer

EggoSlayer

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, I should have clarified a bit. I'm using the Mincrack Pack (1.4.7) not the CrackPack so I don't have access to Tinker's Construct or Rogue-like Dungeons. I also don't have MFR so I can't make Auto-Spawners.

EggoSlayer

Jul 29, 2019
So I ended up just making a few Athames and enchanting them. Got Looting II and Looting III on a couple of them. Using those I can get over a dozen of them in a night which is plenty for Tesseracts. I thought for some reason they gave only 100 mb of Ender slimes, but apparently it's 250 mb. That will definitely hold me off until I can get into the End and beat the Dragon. I actually found out yesterday that there is a Stronghold directly below my base which is nice.

I also did a lot of research in regards to Steam power. I just found out that Railcraft has a machine called a Steam Turbine that will output EU, so that solves that. However, that will take a year and a day to collect the Steel to produce it. Lava will have to hold me off for a while.