Plates covering up machines?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

BhrandonOwnz1

Jul 29, 2019
So if you right click with a plate on a machine the plate sticks to the side of the machine that you right cilcked on.
How exactly do I remove the plate from the machine?

04Zxvy9.png

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
Crowbar.

And did you by chance have a screwdriver in your inventory?

(And what are those blue light things?)

lolpierandom

Jul 29, 2019
Crowbar.

Those are lights from Modular Powersuits, I believe.

It's a module that places them; since I'm primarily a Mindcrack player, I'm not too familiar with how they work, though.

BhrandonOwnz1

Jul 29, 2019
Crowbar.

Nope, And lolpierandom got it right it's the Lux Capacitor module for the power glove.
It's like throwing torches basically, And thanks!

Cursey

Jul 29, 2019
Woah. That's crazy.

Does Greg T. plan to add some kind of explosive resistance upgrade or something?

BhrandonOwnz1

Jul 29, 2019
Woah. That's crazy.

Does Greg T. plan to add some kind of explosive resistance upgrade or something?

I think they act as some sort of protection for machines, I'm assuming that they can protect machines from rain even but I haven't tried it out yet :p.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
I think they act as some sort of protection for machines, I'm assuming that they can protect machines from rain even but I haven't tried it out yet :p.
Makes them look cooler, how'd you do this?

Is it with the plates you get from a plate bending machine?

Oatmonster

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty sure they also stop wires/pipes from interacting with the machine on that side. Does using different plates change the color of the displayed plates?

I want to cover my machines with bronze and titanium!

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
I hear they can also upgrade your machine.

But there's no info concerning that at all to be found anywhere.

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
Covers are actually pretty interesting and I hope Greg expands on them. Any metal plate produced in the plate bender can be used by right clicking it onto the machine while holding it. Either the railcraft or gregtech crowbar can pry them back off. The heat vents are probably the most interesting cover so far, given that they can increase the energy efficiency of the machine (3% is a big deal when you start adding a bunch of overclockers). Regular metal plates will block connections. Conveyors provide the same item output functionality to ic2 machines that is found in most gregtech machines via the -> button. I was really hoping the pump cover would let me pump liquids in or out for/from cell recipes, but that doesn't seem to be the case. There's also a number of redstone covers.

Reactions: Poppycocks

BhrandonOwnz1

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty sure they also stop wires/pipes from interacting with the machine on that side. Does using different plates change the color of the displayed plates?

I want to cover my machines with bronze and titanium!

I think so I had random panels on my plate bending machine from accidental misclicks for a while now :p.

Makes them look cooler, how'd you do this?

Is it with the plates you get from a plate bending machine?

Yup

Runo

Jul 29, 2019
Redstone covers are where the real money's at. No more levers all over the place.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Covers are actually pretty interesting and I hope Greg expands on them. Any metal plate produced in the plate bender can be used by right clicking it onto the machine while holding it. Either the railcraft or gregtech crowbar can pry them back off. The heat vents are probably the most interesting cover so far, given that they can increase the energy efficiency of the machine (3% is a big deal when you start adding a bunch of overclockers). Regular metal plates will block connections. Conveyors provide the same item output functionality to ic2 machines that is found in most gregtech machines via the -> button. I was really hoping the pump cover would let me pump liquids in or out for/from cell recipes, but that doesn't seem to be the case. There's also a number of redstone covers.

That vid + this probably covers everything there is to know, so thank you.

Might be time to finally get into GT logistics as well.

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
That vid + this probably covers everything there is to know, so thank you.

Might be time to finally get into GT logistics as well.

Also, in case the vid didn't mention it, the screwdriver changes the behavior of a cover by cycling through the available modes on the cover. The portable scanner, the one with tricorder tool tip will list a lot of helpful stuff about a machine's status and is highly recommended for when you're asking yourself just how many overclockers you applied.