Pipes mods for 1.12+?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
You could always opt for ImmEng Conveyor Belts. ;)
I confess, I'm actually thinking of fluid pipes here cuz I'm not paying super close attention.

Conveyor pipes would be more or less OK for early-game look/feel, that's true (notwithstanding that I deliberately omitted IE from the pack)

D

Daihok

So far im Loving IE. Its my first time messing with it and im just now about ready to start bio diesel. I have several other power options going but love mixing it up. Thinking about starting Deep Resonance as well since never messed with it either.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
I'm actually a bit bummed myself at the lack of pipes in 1.12. I've been trying to find some more old-fashioned-tech pipes (like Gregtech pipes) for a modpack in 1.12, and can't find anything.

If I have to, I'll use thermal dynamics, but they don't have the right look when people are implementing bronze-age steam machines.
How do coppery-looking fluiducts NOT look almost exactly right for bronze-age steam machines? I dunno, must be me.

Immersive Engineering's piping also looks suitably pipe-esque.

D

Daihok

I didnt think buildcraft was out for 1.12 yet? I looked everywhere only see 1.11.2.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Opaque ones actually aren't terrible. Transparent ones look more hightech than anything we transport liquids in today to me.
I'm actually with you on this one - the opaque item pipes are don't look too out of place, and I'm especially with @ShneekeyTheLost about the coppery looking fluiducts! Very steampunky. If I had any artistic talent, I'd probably do a texture pack for those to make them look even more like copper pipes. And yeah - the IE ones look VERY fitting, right down to the bolt-like texture around the flared points on the pipe.

Damn I love those textures.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Immersive Engineering's piping also looks suitably pipe-esque.
And yeah - the IE ones look VERY fitting, right down to the bolt-like texture around the flared points on the pipe.
I actually totally forgot about the IE pipes, and you're right, they're perfect.

I had deliberately omitted the mod from the pack: its a bit(!) overused and I didn't feel like balancing all its machines against what I already have. Now I have to reconsider that. Simply for the infrastructure goodies.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I typically end up not using the machines other than the Assembler and the pump just because they're awesome, unless I make a specific effort to use them.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I will say, although its a bit tricky to get your head round I believe, Actually Additions has item, fluid and energy lasers. The energy ones are fairly straightforward; I've not done enough with the item and fluid lasers to know their limitations, but I believe they can be pretty effective.

B

boballama

Thermal Dynamics does allow for the transport of redstone signal via one of its ducts.
I see no TD duct that transmits redstone signals on the 1.12.2 Direwolf20 modpack. There are signalum ducts that will transfer both items and RF power or fluids and RF power. I'm going by the tool tips that are presented by pressing the shift key. So I am not saying that there is no such duct but that I don't see any listed as such. I would like to be able to control the timing between the wither builder and the mob crusher. From what I am seeing it appears that the mob crusher will destroy the wither before it does its explosion-induced transformation in which case I just wasted three wither skulls. I am of course open to other suggestions but I do want to use these two Industrial Foregoing devices.

B

boballama

Why do you want the Wither want to blow up? As long as you get the drops what does it matter?

From what I have seen the wither does not drop a nether star unless it first goes through its explosion phase. I was noticing that the wither was being crushed before the explosion and wasn't dropping a nether star. My present configuration doesn't seem to be as susceptible to that happening as it appeared to be doing a couple of hours ago so it might be hard for me to prove my assertion that the wither won't drop a nether star if it is crushed too early. Hence the need to be able to control the mob crusher via a redstone signal.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Ah. Well, if that's the case, try an Actually Additions Phantom Redstoneface. It'll let you apply redstone without being physically beside the block.

Starfang42

Jul 29, 2019
So...New update to thermal dynamics came out today. Changelog says it added a way for ducts to transfer a redstone signal.

Also, some alternatives: xnet allows for power/liquid/item/redstone over the same cable, with some basic logic. Integrated Dynamics, with Integrated Tunnels, can transfer on the same cable, but you can't combine the input/outputs onto one face, so if you wanted power and redstone output you'd need 2 faces available. Trade off is it can do crazy-advanced logic.