[Pic Heavy] Some of the builds I've done over the last month.

NuBSMcGee

Jul 29, 2019
I've also posted these on Reddit

Blood Magic Blood Altar and Thuamcraft Infusion Altar. Imgur Gallery available HERE
fSAudoX.png

GJZEsmO.png

W5NFyVN.png

2NpljGD.png

6DbRs3e.png

etwibDD.png

mHTIpCI.png

W8GBebZ.png

OUxiM9l.png

Main Base and ME system. Imgur Gallery available HERE
ybibdNe.png

9PA18eL.png

JcgCQrb.png

bddDuie.png

tS5CYX4.png

Db7vFPT.png

oYbULw3.png

2JgQuEi.png

MAszw0b.png

Last edited:

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
If I may ask: what are the purplish blocks you've used for the majority of the BM Altar? and is that Tier 6?

Cheers,

- GwnG

Reactions: NuBSMcGee

NuBSMcGee

Jul 29, 2019
If I may ask: what are the purplish blocks you've used for the majority of the BM Altar? and is that Tier 6?

Cheers,

- GwnG
It's Built to be tier 6, it has everything aside from the final blocks you make after doing the demon invasion. I just need to do the demon invasion, get the materials and plug them in.

Most of the blocks are harvested from the tower dungeons in the end added by Hardcore Ender Expansion. The main smooth one is called "Smooth Obsidian"

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
It's Built to be tier 6, it has everything aside from the final blocks you make after doing the demon invasion. I just need to do the demon invasion, get the materials and plug them in.

Most of the blocks are harvested from the tower dungeons in the end added by Hardcore Ender Expansion. The main smooth one is called "Smooth Obsidian"
Ah, the crystal blocks? I was wondering! :) Cool, very awesome indeed - absolutely love your use of carpenter's blocks - it really works well!

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Definitely :) the paired cut-corner blocks you used for the tops of the Tier 6 pillars allow you to get a sharper point than any other mod in MC - very suitable for a blood altar! And Microblocks are just super handy. The starting house on the Home Sweet Home map for AgSkies is another good example of microblocks being used to their greatest effect!

What are the banners you've used around the silverwood trunks?

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015

Hmm let me try and find some; its a bit more challenging than I expected. I'll spoiler them:
maxresdefault.jpg
ag skies house.png
as1_frontdoor.jpg

Note that some of these are slightly modified from the original house, but you can get the idea of how the microblocks were used I think.

They're just regular Thaumcraft banners :)

Recipe (Once you've unlocked it)
wool stick x
wool stick x
wool slab x
Huh... I've never spotted those! Hmm.

ewsmith

Jul 29, 2019
if anyone is wondering, you need to scan a crimson banner or craft knowledge fragments into a research to get them

NuBSMcGee

Jul 29, 2019
if anyone is wondering, you need to scan a crimson banner or craft knowledge fragments into a research to get them
Ah, i didn't realize that. You may want to put that into spoiler tags though, some people are fussy about Thaumcraft spoilers.

NuBSMcGee

Jul 29, 2019
Very clever, putting your AE system in a CompactMachine.
Yeah, It worked out really well. I wouldn't advise putting it in anything smaller than max size because you'll want as much room to expand as possible. And you'll want to make sure you've upgraded it so nothing is lost in the event the Compact Machine gets broken. It would also be wise to link it to another Compact Machine as a backup and even go as far as to use Mystcraft Books, Teleporters, Portals etc to have extra means of getting inside in a worst case scenario.

Geo Terra

Jul 29, 2019
Wait... Compact Machines work with AE? As in you can directly attach ME cables to the CM block? Whoa...

That aside, I do love your use of HEE's Smooth Obsidian in the Blood Altar build. Although, I do wonder what Chisel 2's alternate Obsidian could do... Great work.

NuBSMcGee

Jul 29, 2019
Wait... Compact Machines work with AE? As in you can directly attach ME cables to the CM block? Whoa...

Yep! :D

That aside, I do love your use of HEE's Smooth Obsidian in the Blood Altar build. Although, I do wonder what Chisel 2's alternate Obsidian could do... Great work.

Thanks! They've got some great alternatives, None of them fit the look I wanted however.

Geo Terra

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks! They've got some great alternatives, None of them fit the look I wanted however.

That's understandable. My only gripe with Chisel 2 when it comes to Carpenter's Blocks and FMP is the Voidstone. Both the normal & Energized versions would look amazing in some builds. Just that "fuzzy" animation the energized Voidstone has makes me think of the Eldritch World behind the Altars and they could do great is builds regarding the altars.

One question though, how'd you move the Eldritch Obelisks into place? BM's Transposers? Or something else?

NuBSMcGee

Jul 29, 2019
One question though, how'd you move the Eldritch Obelisks into place? BM's Transposers? Or something else?

I used Practicalities Matter Transporters. But at the time BM Teleposers would have worked as well. I think they've done some whitelist/blacklist stuff with them and I no longer know if they work.

Word of advice however, they seem to be hit or miss. Sometimes they won't render after moving them and you need to ditch them and get a new one.

Geo Terra

Jul 29, 2019
I used Practicalities Matter Transporters. But at the time BM Teleposers would have worked as well. I think they've done some whitelist/blacklist stuff with them and I no longer know if they work.

Word of advice however, they seem to be hit or miss. Sometimes they won't render after moving them and you need to ditch them and get a new one.

Yeah, I seem to remember some talk regarding some white/blacklist shenanigans going on between Azanor and Way some time back, so I wouldn't be surprised if Way/Azanor did blacklist the Obelisk from the Transposer by this point. Also, thanks for the tip regarding the dodginess of the Obelisk renderer.

Practicalities, huh? I remember looking at that mod a little while back and immediately shying away the moment I saw the Wither Killer, thinking "OP ALERT! OP ALERT!" but I just looked further into it, and the fact that you need to kill the Wither 8 times to even consider getting it the first time kinda lessens the impact of the OP-ness.