Permissions Spreadsheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
This is the thread for everything spreadsheet. Used in the guidelines.

Here is a shortened link if you want to use it instead: 1drv.ms/1rsQNOJ

I will be adding mods to the spreadsheet as we encounter them in packs, so for the most part, mod authors will not need to request for their mods to be added.

If you do want your mod added, post the following in this thread.
  • A link to the mod
  • The mod ID, as it is in your main class file. If you're a modder you should know what this is.
I'll do the rest.

If you want to correct any information about your mod, post here with what you need changed. Under some circumstances, I may ask you to verify you are actually the author by posting on an account only the author can control.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
3rd Party Modpack Guidelines said:
Here is the permissions spreadsheet for reference. As mentioned at the top of this document, there is a difference between public and private packs. Refer to either the public policy or the private policy columns depending on the type of pack you are submitting.
  • If a mod is on the spreadsheet and is listed as "Open" or "FTB", you don't have to do anything with it.
  • If a mod is on the spreadsheet, but is listed as "Notify" or "Request", write a line in the "Non-open spreadsheet mods" field with the name of the mod and a link to an image hosted on Imgur of you notifying the author or the author giving you permission.
  • If a mod is not on the spreadsheet, write a line in the "Other mods" field with the following.
    • Name of the mod
    • Author of the mod
    • A link to the mod page
    • If the license for the mod is not at the previous link, a link to the license
    • If the license does not give permission, a link to an image hosted on Imgur of the author giving permission.

I've got a fun question. I'm trying to build a modpack that I intend on submitting for, eventually, public status. There are a few mods on the Permissions spreadsheet that are no longer owned or maintained by the developer listed on the spreadsheet, for example mDiyo handed Tinkers' Construct development over to boni which doesn't mean that OWNERSHIP was passed over, but boni also took over Iguana_man's Tweaks for Tinkers' Construct while doing a complete rewrite which logically means that he owns it as his code is his intellectual property. So how would the permissions go for boni's new version of Iguana's Tinker Tweaks? In his Minecraft Forum thread he states:
boni said:
Feel free to use this Mod in any Modpack. That's what it's for.
635356669596273706.png
So do i need to do the "Other mods" input with all the details and a link to a picture of that text?

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
We identify mods via the modid, which is compiled into the mod. So if the modid stays the same between the different authors, which I believe is true in this case, it's fairly difficult for us to tell the difference between the versions. So we have to treat them as the same mod, and just attribute both authors.

So what you should do is post here which mods have changed and I'll update the spreadsheet, which I've done for those two now. Fortunately I haven't hit a situation where the author changes the license between the versions.

Reactions: darkeshrine

xNatolix

Jul 29, 2019
I believe that Aroma1997s's mods are now "open" mods, instead of Request, as suggested by the document. Someone please double check that I am correct, because that's what I see.
O3TNesE.jpg

KevinsCode

Jul 29, 2019
Just to notify you, i think the link for the spreadsheet is different on the guidelines post cause the one in this post opens up and the other gives me a error, could just be me but thought it'd be best to inform you

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Just checked, it's exactly the same link. What does it look like for you?

KevinsCode

Jul 29, 2019
It looks like a excel online page and says "cannot find file on database" thats literally all it says

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
That's really weird. And the link on this thread works fine?

KevinsCode

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, its very strange so i really have no clue cause one works, one doesn't, i just assumed you'd moved the spreadsheet and forgot to redo the link but since thats not the case, very strange

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Whoops, fixed, thanks.

I've added all the others to my big list of mods to work on.

Status
Not open for further replies.