Permissions Site

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
Red Gear Team should have a consistent policy between all their mods. Red Gear Core should be Notify and public and private.

And can we have Sodacan Torches' license link link to Shia LaBeouf's motivational video? Just for the lols. :p

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Red Gear Team should have a consistent policy between all their mods. Red Gear Core should be Notify and public and private.

Where does it say Red Gear Core should be notify?

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
Where does it say Red Gear Core should be notify?
Not directly from Red Gear Core, but from Brewcraft, developed by the same team
Brewcraft, by Project Red Gear Modding, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License. Modpacks are encouraged, feel free to do what you will so long as it does not violate terms of our license. Public packs are allowed, but I'd sure like to know about any publicly available packs before they are released, thank you! Our licence will be enforced, and we will be on the lookout for any infringement of any part of our license. This mod can also be viewed and eventually downloaded from the official page on CurseForge here.

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
However if they are so adamant about adding a license to Red Gear Core I'm not sure whether they will reply to a request for inclusion in a modpack.

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Unfortunately nothing I can do. No license means pack authors have to request permission. Licenses for mods by the same people don't count.

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
Can't you at least change the permission requirements to Unknown before we get more confirmation?

And I'm trying to get some confirmation from them. Going to ask them whether they are using the same license as Brewcraft and their other mods for RedGearCore.

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Unknown is only used for special cases, like when there is a license, but I can't read it since it's in Japanese. No license or statement from the mod author defaults the mod to request.

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
Ah. Oh well then.

Edit I have requested them to make RedGearCore share the same license as Brewcraft, hopefully they will respond with an answer soon.

Last edited:

TechnicianLP

Jul 29, 2019
Why does Fastcraft have notify as far as i can tell from his site under "Redistribution" it should be open or am i missing something?

Last edited:

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Added. I updated you license link, though I still think it's a bit counterintuitive.