Permissions in FTB

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

CaerMaster

Jul 29, 2019
I've recently set up my first FTB server - 1.4.7 Ultimate with minor changes, set up as a server setup learning environment for me, for the most part, as a step towards building a more up-to-date and more extensively modified server with a fully custom modpack. (So far, it's mostly stock, but I've removed PortalGun, GraviGun, Mystcraft, and Applied Energistics, and added Smart Moving, Optifine, Ars Magica, Better Player Animations, and Enhanced Portals.)

Anyway, the one thing that seems conspicuous by its absence from FTB is any kind of permissions mod. So I can't grant my players (my kids and some of their friends) teleport permissions, for example. What permissions system do people generally use with FTB? I'm used to PermissionsEx on my Craftbukkit server, but I don't know if there's a better choice on the Forge side, and there always seemed to be a few permissions I could never get to work quite like I wanted them to anyway. (Besides, it seems Minecraft permissions frameworks come and go like fashion and the weather.)

What do FTB server owners generally tend to use for player permissions?

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
I use MCPC+ and just use my typical plugins of Essentials and WorldEdit. If I want to run completely stock I wield a ban hammer much like Saice.