People under estimate Extra Utilities Solar Generators

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
I have 4 solar generators from the extra utilities mod and they are each set to charge and transmit at slightly different times using daylight sensors on inverters and they can fill up a resonant energy cell in just over a minecraft day which I think is quite amazing for a no upkeep system. The only system that I've found faster for cheap is the heated Redstone generator. And the more efficient is the ender but I think the solar is under estimated it is true that the solar generators take a diamond block but diamonds become relatively easy to get. I just wanted to know if anyone had an even better energy source.
Sent from my SCH-I930 using Tapatalk

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
If you want to go for solar power, go for the EnderIO "Photovoltaic Cell"s. They are cheaper to make, doesn't require redstone contraptions to control and doesn't have "downtime".

They don't produce as much per block as the Solar generator, but the production cost more than makes up for that. Also looks way way better imo, and more realistic.

BIG mac

Jul 29, 2019
Universal electricity wind turbines are the most overpowered thing ever. They are amazingly cheap to make and you can power a quarry with just a couple. And once that first quarry is done, you can make about 15 more.[DOUBLEPOST=1406522413][/DOUBLEPOST]And they look really cool.

Reactions: SatanicSanta

dothrom

Jul 29, 2019
I use solar generators as self charging batteries. Since they hold the charge when broken.
Put 'em out when low. When filled, pick 'em up and toss 'em in a bag.

edit: grammar

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
If you want to go for solar power, go for the EnderIO "Photovoltaic Cell"s. They are cheaper to make, doesn't require redstone contraptions to control and doesn't have "downtime".

They don't produce as much per block as the Solar generator, but the production cost more than makes up for that. Also looks way way better imo, and more realistic.
the thing about the Redstone contraption is that I designed it to be 2x1x1 device which is very simple and not expensive