Peace through power!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
The problem with the VDG is that if it builds enough charge, it'll get struck by lightning and explode. Regulating it so it doesn't explode might be a bit of a challenge space wise (don't know for sure, I haven't tried it myself).
In a survival setting yeah it would be, but for creative dicking around you can use the creative coil (which is admittedly boring)

Reactions: Padfoote

Sleepyscumbag

Jul 29, 2019
I suggest a van de graaff generator to simulate the function of the Tesla coil.
I'd have made myself to tool around, but I killed my creative test world by misplacing/ adjusting a reactor turbine.
Pro Tip: don't try to reposition a turbine WHILE it's going, it's probably impossible to do it in survival but in creative it has a chance of a perpetual crashing bug on loading. It's fixable with MC edit by removing the turbine, I'm sure it would fix it but ICBF.
Yeah, I guessed van de graaf is better than the actual IC2 tesla coil

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I guessed van de graaf is better than the actual IC2 tesla coil

Well, the IC2 one is better for the actual killing (as in my testing the Van de graff appears to merely tickle them) but I'm talking about the aesthetics. Does the IC2 tesla coil still have the purple magic damage thing with no arc of electricity? If there's an arc I'd say use that.

Sleepyscumbag

Jul 29, 2019
Well, the IC2 one is better for the actual killing (as in my testing the Van de graff appears to merely tickle them) but I'm talking about the aesthetics. Does the IC2 tesla coil still have the purple magic damage thing with no arc of electricity? If there's an arc I'd say use that.
Last time I tested, there was no arc on the IC2 one. Maybe a combination of the two would be good, but it would also not be as compact.