Peace through power!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Did something silly in creative and made a functional Obelisk of light from CnC.
eBFITNO.png

Rotarycraft lasers seemed perfect to simulate it's function from the game. It is powered by a creative spring but a dedicated (and pathologically reckless) person could probably do this legit with an accompanying Advanced powerplant running it.

s6uRQ5W.png

May the brotherhood bring peace!

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Cheese'n'Coconuts
Yes! Yes it's this! This is the high tech laser they use to melt the cheese while "cracking" the coconut.

It's actually from Command and Conquer, an RTS franchise Westwood started, the company either became or was eaten by EA. This is a defensive structure of the Brotherhood of NOD that fires a slow charging but devastating laser that obliterates most units in at least most 2 shots (at least in Tiberian Dawn/ Sun not sure about this newfangled CnC4).
I think there's a RoC or Electricraft engine that could simulate it's telltale electrical humming sound (shown in that vid) but this was just a play around with the concept. I could have used a CC entity detector that matched the range of the laser to sent the redstone signal through repeaters to simulate it's charge up. I'd have built it taller but I think it's range is spherical and the higher you go up the more ground range it loses. Also the laser is picky with it's targets I have a homebrew pack with Lycanites and the pinky demons are ignored by the laser. Probably becasue Lycanites classifies the hostile mob as farm animals (which you can do, a Doom pinky demon farm sold that mod for me). It would be nice if you can fine tune targeting parameters for the RoC defensive emplacements like you can with players (But if you already can tips would be helpful).

Anything to make those poor misguided fools from the GDI realize that tiberium is the way forward, it's a gift from the heavens yanno brother Kain told us so.

Reactions: malicious_bloke

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Yes! Yes it's this! This is the high tech laser they use to melt the cheese while "cracking" the coconut.

It's actually from Command and Conquer, an RTS franchise Westwood started, the company either became or was eaten by EA. This is a defensive structure of the Brotherhood of NOD that fires a slow charging but devastating laser that obliterates most units in at least most 2 shots (at least in Tiberian Dawn/ Sun not sure about this newfangled CnC4).
I think there's a RoC or Electricraft engine that could simulate it's telltale electrical humming sound (shown in that vid) but this was just a play around with the concept. I could have used a CC entity detector that matched the range of the laser to sent the redstone signal through repeaters to simulate it's charge up. I'd have built it taller but I think it's range is spherical and the higher you go up the more ground range it loses. Also the laser is picky with it's targets I have a homebrew pack with Lycanites and the pinky demons are ignored by the laser. Probably becasue Lycanites classifies the hostile mob as farm animals (which you can do, a Doom pinky demon farm sold that mod for me). It would be nice if you can fine tune targeting parameters for the RoC defensive emplacements like you can with players (But if you already can tips would be helpful).

Anything to make those poor misguided fools from the GDI realize that tiberium is the way forward, it's a gift from the heavens yanno brother Kain told us so.
6 hours late...

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Aye.

I still play the original from time-to-time, even if it is just to spam a load of silos then sell them to raise a huge army of technicians and zerg them into the enemy base defences. I should really stop channeling Sir Douglas Haig.

Reactions: RealSketch

Sleepyscumbag

Jul 29, 2019
I actually never played any of the tiberium games, only Red Alert 1 and 2, which is also why I might consider making a tesla coil or prism tower instead.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
I actually never played any of the tiberium games, only Red Alert 1 and 2, which is also why I might consider making a tesla coil or prism tower instead.
I suggest a van de graaff generator to simulate the function of the Tesla coil.
I'd have made myself to tool around, but I killed my creative test world by misplacing/ adjusting a reactor turbine.
Pro Tip: don't try to reposition a turbine WHILE it's going, it's probably impossible to do it in survival but in creative it has a chance of a perpetual crashing bug on loading. It's fixable with MC edit by removing the turbine, I'm sure it would fix it but ICBF.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I suggest a van de graaff generator to simulate the function of the Tesla coil.
I'd have made myself to tool around, but I killed my creative test world by misplacing/ adjusting a reactor turbine.
Pro Tip: don't try to reposition a turbine WHILE it's going, it's probably impossible to do it in survival but in creative it has a chance of a perpetual crashing bug on loading. It's fixable with MC edit by removing the turbine, I'm sure it would fix it but ICBF.

The problem with the VDG is that if it builds enough charge, it'll get struck by lightning and explode. Regulating it so it doesn't explode might be a bit of a challenge space wise (don't know for sure, I haven't tried it myself).