PC Specs

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
I would say a good 64 bit system (java and OS must be 64 bit) with at least 3GHz processor and 8 GB RAM with any decent video card. The video card isn't the big hit with FTB packs. It is the CPU and memory.

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
To answer your actual question, I would recommend a "Gaming PC".
Any super fast one will do, as long as you get 70+fps.
This question isn't really easily answerable, as every PC's different in some way or another.
We can't tell you what to buy, but we can advise.

Reactions: benkrispies

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Best value for your money is building your own computer once you get above $600. What kind of budget do you have?

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
I shall now proceed to piece together a $4000 super-high end gaming machine...

WHILE WEARING A TUTU!

/spoken with a pompous French accent

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Vibox is just as bad as Alienware with those prices. Your burning money buying from them. If you can build with LEGO and read a manual, you can build your own computer for less.

Overclockers is the same. Don't spend your money on a prebuilt unless its just for basic internet browsing and office work.

For example, this is a custom build that could max about every game at 1080P at 60 FPS and would do great in FTB. It costs a little under £550. http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/2NWr1

The exact same computer costs £740.91 at Vibox.

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Vibox is just as bad as Alienware with those prices. Your burning money buying from them. If you can build with LEGO and read a manual, you can build your own computer for less.

Overclockers is the same. Don't spend your money on a prebuilt unless its just for basic internet browsing and office work.

For example, this is a custom build that could max about every game at 1080P at 60 FPS and would do great in FTB. It costs a little under £550. http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/2NWr1

That is where you are wrong, I got my Vibox PC extremely cheap and I cannot believe how fast it is.
But the thing about overclockers and alienware are completely true.

benkrispies

Jul 29, 2019

Could you switch out the 4gb of ram for 8gb?

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
That is where you are wrong, I got my Vibox PC extremely cheap and I cannot believe how fast it is.
But the thing about overclockers and alienware are completely true.

At this point, unless you can provide an actual cost and partslist, I find that company to be just as bad as Alienware or Overclockers.

Could you switch out the 4gb of ram for 8gb?

The great thing about building yourself is that each part has its own warranty and you don't break any warranty by simply upgrading parts. If you switched to 8 gigs of memory, it would cost more though.

For example, this build has 8 gigs of memory instead of 4 but costs £566.08 which is a little over your budget. http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/2Otv0

Reactions: RealSketch

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
At this point, unless you can provide an actual cost and partslist, I find that company to be just as bad as Alienware or Overclockers.

The great thing about building yourself is that each part has its own warranty and you don't break any warranty by simply upgrading parts. If you switched to 8 gigs of memory, it would cost more though.

For example, this build has 8 gigs of memory instead of 4 but costs £566.08 which is a little over your budget. http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/2Otv0
Good points there, I'll stop fighting for it.
Go with what you want benkrispies, but please for your own sake leave it a week to completely decide, you don't want to feel regret.

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Is the operating system included in the price?

No it is not. Even with the cost of an OS, it will be cheaper than buying a prebuilt. If this computer is only being used for FTB and web browsing, Linux is free and can do almost anything Windows can. The main downside is very few games support it, FTB works because its based on Minecraft which is based on Java. Java is fairly universal and will work on just about anything.

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks guys. If you have any other suggested builds please post them to give me some more options.
The best option is experience, just search around for a week or two, decide on what is best (ie. money wise, what you get for it, specs).
Then buy, enjoy and play FTB! :)