PC spec info

• Thread starter forcedpainter56
  • Start date
  • Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
F

forcedpainter56

I am buying a new PC and want to get something that will not lag or drop FPS while playing Infinity Evolved Expert mode or the new Sky Block or any other mod packs can anyone give me some specs for what to buy so I dont have any problems and can use the new PC for a couple of years

T

Techly88

A high end I7/I5, with 4-8GB of RAM, preferably a small SSD for the OS and Minecraft to runs on, and a HDD for all your data and backups. Will do you very well. If you looking for extra reliability you could RAID 1 a pair of SSDs.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
A high end I7/I5, with 4-8GB of RAM, preferably a small SSD for the OS and Minecraft to runs on, and a HDD for all your data and backups. Will do you very well. If you looking for extra reliability you could RAID 1 a pair of SSDs.

Make that at least 8GB ram, unless you want a system useless for anything else. Many systems are now shipping with 16GB anyway. Also, you probably want to stay away from laptops, since most are underpowered the day they are sold, have very limited expandability and come with less-than-good graphic capability unless you spend over $2400 USD and get one of the newer gamebusters with actual desktop video card capacity.

Reactions: Techly88
T

Techly88

Make that at least 8GB ram, unless you want a system useless for anything else. Many systems are now shipping with 16GB anyway. Also, you probably want to stay away from laptops, since most are underpowered the day they are sold, have very limited expandability and come with less-than-good graphic capability unless you spend over $2400 USD and get one of the newer gamebusters with actual desktop video card capacity.

That why I did the "-" to indicate the range of RAM required. In other words that exactly what I meant 4GB if your just playing Minecraft on the system but bump it up to 8GB if you expects to do YouTube recording and/or other stuffs at the same time.

Just wanted to clarify what I meant.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
That why I did the "-" to indicate the range of RAM required. In other words that exactly what I meant 4GB if your just playing Minecraft on the system but bump it up to 8GB if you expects to do YouTube recording and/or other stuffs at the same time.

Just wanted to clarify what I meant.
TBH if you plan to play a large pack like Infinity and use something like an x64 texture pack, you will be allocating close to 4GB alone to Minecraft. 8-16GB, leaning to 16GB is more right (RAM is cheap as heck).

F

forcedpainter56

As for video card any suggestions I am sure I want to go with I nvidia gforce but not sure what to get like 960 970 980 1080 or whatever should it be 2 gig 4gig 6gig or what

Bashful Giant

Jul 29, 2019
As for video card any suggestions I am sure I want to go with I nvidia gforce but not sure what to get like 960 970 980 1080 or whatever should it be 2 gig 4gig 6gig or what
GPU doesn't matter really with Minecraft, so go for whatever fits your budget and other game library. Personally, I'd wait for the 1070. Unless you're gaming at 4k, the 1080 is overkill right now, and the 1070 beats the 980ti at a much lower price.

T

Techly88

GPU doesn't matter really with Minecraft, so go for whatever fits your budget and other game library.

Yea an AMD Radeon 220 (or whatever it is) is good enough for me and to be honest I use it more as offloading the RAM that the "built in" Graphics would otherwise be consuming instead.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
As long as you choose a card with a GPU and dedicated ram over "Integrated Graphics" that "shares" (steals) system ram you should be good for Minecraft... I use a nVidea GeFORCE GT 610 w/1GB DDR3 right now. Anything beyond would be gravy for other AAA games.

F

forcedpainter56

If I wish to stream on twitch would the above system work or should I get something different

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
My new system went:

AMD FX-6300
nVidia GeForce 750Ti
16GB Ram

It runs Minecraft pretty perfectly. Occasionally things will dip to 20 or so, but that's only if I have a lot of machines actively running. Records perfectly well. Should stream alright. (Also runs Fallout 4 with very little issue if you're curious about playing other things.)