PAX South 2015 map

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone else playing it? Can't find any tips, hints or a walkthrough anywhere. I have about 5 of the wools so far. Some of them I haven't even started yet.

Can't figure out Hollow Hills and Pirate Ship, and also the "Button Room" (got the first wall button done but second is impossible).

If there's gonna be a timed competition for this map, perhaps that's the reason there isn't a single thread on FTB Forums about it? Is there a ban on threads or tips? :)

Nvidia 980 is the current top of the line, it was going for $550 when I looked at it yesterday.

"We have just added the FTB map for Pax South which is a totally new design that combines elements of Complete The Monument and Parkour/Maze challenges. In addition to the tournament at Pax South, we are also going to be running an online tournament where the person with the fastest recorded time (either Youtube, Twitch recording or similar) will win a Nvidia 980 graphics card."

http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/ftb-news-25-01-2015.61375/

Not sure how that's gonna work, once you know where everything is and how to get it, the competition becomes purely physical. I prefer mental competitions which is why I play Minecraft in the first place.

Last edited:

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I can guarantee I will not be entering the competition. LOL Parkour is about as far from my idea of "fun" as is possible (talk about tedious repetitive tasks). But having said that, I've been playing this map all day despite my frustrations with it.

Why did the arrow shooting give me two yellow wool? When I turned that one in, it took both of them. Not that it matters because I can't place any blocks. Also, the bow comes with 4 stacks of arrows, but the bow has Infinity enchant so one arrow would be plenty. That has me curious too, but I've been shooting buttons from afar and nothing happens when you hit it with an arrow. Oh well, I tried. :) Some of the wool buttons are in impossible to reach places...

THanks for the link VikeStep, I searched for a thread on this but couldn't find it. I'll post over there instead. And BTW... very nice run sir, I see you've already completed the map!