PAX East!

Status
Not open for further replies.

legowaffle21

Jul 29, 2019
This sounds epic, but live in Texas. And great to hear about the 1.4 and modpack plans. I do ask although, are we able to add mods into the launcher ourselves?

legowaffle21

Jul 29, 2019
Well, seeing as they were hoping to get the mod API working, I don't know.
On that note, what is Forge's future when Mojang finally gets a working API? Will forge ceise to exist, or will it just kick so much ass compared to Mojang's that we will continue to use it?
Mojang's promises are ridiculous when it comes to reality, Forge will stay around, little will change.

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
Well, seeing as they were hoping to get the mod API working, I don't know.
On that note, what is Forge's future when Mojang finally gets a working API? Will forge ceise to exist, or will it just kick so much ass compared to Mojang's that we will continue to use it?

What forge does and what Minecraft API will be like is two different things. I believe that forge can be bigger and better then anything Mojang could put out there.

Not to be mean to Mojang at all. Some of there ideas are great in there head but once put into the game not so much that great.

Mazeus Xenon

Jul 29, 2019
If not better, at least it'll be slightly more legal, and all permissions would be approved.

Overall, it's got awesome stuff in it.

Great! So... how do I get it so I can experience it? Or is the disabled download button "typical" when the newest version is due out soon? I really like 1.4 so far with Vanilla Craft so I'd love to see how a real mod pack works... :)

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
FTB before this was just a map that people played after they installed the mods them self.

This launcher will download and install all mods to save you the time. Later on they will have more as this is only beta.

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
In my opinion the biggest advantage of FTB over tekkit is not the legal stuff, but something that impacts us players directly: Modders WANT their mods in the pack.

That means they will get together to solve conflicts when necessary, they will release updates and such with the pack in mind, and all of it will generally be more compatible and "in-mod" (no more poorly textured and buggy blocks that serve as bridges between mods, etc.).

That is not minor when you think about the player experience :)

Mazeus Xenon

Jul 29, 2019
FTB before this was just a map that people played after they installed the mods them self.

This launcher will download and install all mods to save you the time. Later on they will have more as this is only beta.

Yay! Kid-in-a-candy-store time! and let me guess - when all is right with 1.4 the "official" version will be downloadable and it'll be all perfect and stuff...
The only thing I think it may need is the "mo'animals" just so to 1,000 of new things running around, because you need more things running around!!

Mazeus Xenon

Jul 29, 2019
In my opinion the biggest advantage of FTB over tekkit is not the legal stuff, but something that impacts us players directly: Modders WANT their mods in the pack.

That means they will get together to solve conflicts when necessary, they will release updates and such with the pack in mind, and all of it will generally be more compatible and "in-mod" (no more poorly textured and buggy blocks that serve as bridges between mods, etc.).

That is not minor when you think about the player experience :)

Oh, even better! See already you are proving more worthy than the other experiences...
And the folks who work on the mods are also working on this? Man, I just make web sites for a living - you folks do the real work out there!

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
Yay! Kid-in-a-candy-store time! and let me guess - when all is right with 1.4 the "official" version will be downloadable and it'll be all perfect and stuff...
The only thing I think it may need is the "mo'animals" just so to 1,000 of new things running around, because you need more things running around!!

Im sure all of us will feel like kids in a candy store when the official one is out. Mo'animals isn't in the pack but can be added by you once downloaded. =D

Best thing i love about it is after it's done we are allowed to add whatever mod we wish. Just like added more sugar to our candy. xD

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
i dont know the personal relationships between modders, but i do know almost all "know" eachother and most of them play in forgecraft server together i think.

They all want (have authorized) their mod in the pack, so they must want it working fine within the pack.

I dont wnat to say much more because i dont really have the facts, but the pack has a lot of synergy between mods and the modmakers are very involved into making their mods get along well with the others in the pack, and that by itself makes the pack awesome.

Mazeus Xenon

Jul 29, 2019
Im sure all of us will feel like kids in a candy store when the official one is out. Mo'animals isn't in the pack but can be added by you once downloaded. =D

Best thing i love about it is after it's done we are allowed to add whatever mod we wish. Just like added more sugar to our candy. xD

whoa daymn... I have yet to find a mod pack I like that does that! Spoutcraft is planning to add that, but they just haven't... the only thing I wish other would use from them is their map tool - it shows unique images for the mobs out there so you know what is near you! Other than that, the Rei's Minimap does a fine job of it. Oh, and some of the options available as well... like always day for when my 6yr old daughter plays... but let's see what this has before I make ANY judgement calls!!

Mazeus Xenon

Jul 29, 2019
So I seems to have accidentally downloaded and installed the beta launcher here at work (I hate when that happens) and noticed it is already 1.4.2 - I thought not all the mods were ready? Or does it just have those mods that ARE 1.4.2 ready? Or is the big hold up Bukket getting to 1.4.2 for servers?

No, wait, ... ya, only 13 mods - no "ExtraBiomes" or "Steve's Carts" for me yet... sadness... kinda... guess i will just have to be happy with "only" Industrial and Build Craft...

no, no, no... I need to actually do work... darn that paycheck!

Mazeus Xenon

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, one other things - it looks like a full Wiki is planned for this pack - is that true? If not, or even in the mean time, if I track down the individual mods, do most have their own wiki? I like to experiment regardless, it's just nice to sometimes have a direction to follow as well... :)

alos12345

Jul 29, 2019
The FTB team is pleased to announce that at the upcoming Pax East show, we will be installing the FTB Mod Pack and a brand new FTB tournament map on servers in the BYOC area. Whilst exact details have yet to be finalised, we plan to have a couple of members from the FTB team at Pax to help out and answer questions.

Our goal is to host a live tournament during the event with giveaways and prizes. We also hope to have a couple of FTB modded servers for people to join and play on.

More details will follow as we get closer to the event.

In other news, The New launcher and Mod Pack is now planned to be released in 1.4. Hopefully mod updates should be a lot smoother this time, enabling us to get the pack out quickly.

Slowpoke.
i hope the modpack is out soon i am waiting to play it.

Reactions: aagiN

Judgebot

Jul 29, 2019
The FTB team is pleased to announce that at the upcoming Pax East show, we will be installing the FTB Mod Pack and a brand new FTB tournament map on servers in the BYOC area. Whilst exact details have yet to be finalised, we plan to have a couple of members from the FTB team at Pax to help out and answer questions.

Our goal is to host a live tournament during the event with giveaways and prizes. We also hope to have a couple of FTB modded servers for people to join and play on.

More details will follow as we get closer to the event.

In other news, The New launcher and Mod Pack is now planned to be released in 1.4. Hopefully mod updates should be a lot smoother this time, enabling us to get the pack out quickly.

Slowpoke.

Hope you all have fun! Shame I can't turn up. But maybe another time ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.