PAX East!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
we will stil have to wait for the API tho since they are still only accepting sugestions on one of the mojang pages.

And since the API is gone be the BIG thing on minecon 2012 it wint be in there @ 1.4
The API will probebly be up and running around or after newyear. This will hopefully be the last HUGE change for the modders to take care of. From that end on the API wants to replace Forge and wants to become better.

The whole point of the API is to have a Static hookin point for mods, so the mods dont have to update every time minecraft changes a version. This will put a lot les strain on the modders and will give them more time for the fun part. Adding content!

Since Mojang will be working on the API after 1.4 and after the API they will only be focusing on server and cleint side performance improvements and tweaks. This means Mojang wont get new content in and that will all be up to the community modders. Thats another big reason for the API. A good platform for Modders to get the strain of Mojang for new contect

Reactions: XehanortYTG
D

Deleted member 188

Well anything that makes the modders life easier is good for me who is only a player.

Metroflame669

Jul 29, 2019
I find it unfourtaunte that the Mod-Pack will be coming out during 1.4. There is a plus side though, all of us mod players will be slightly put off when were playing in 1.3.2 and everyone else is enjoying the "Pretty Scary Update." All in all im happy that it will be in 1.4.

DraigoDragon

Jul 29, 2019
1.4 better be scary because everything Iv'e seen about the update ain't scary except for the bat...

"Unless they bring out another creeper type enemy >.>"

portablejim

Jul 29, 2019
1.4 better be scary because everything Iv'e seen about the update ain't scary except for the bat...

"Unless they bring out another creeper type enemy >.>"
I think a random chance of a creeper spawning invisible would be fairly scary.

... or maybe I have been watching slowpoke play too much when he plays vechs maps.

Alkozath

Jul 29, 2019
I think a random chance of a creeper spawning invisible would be fairly scary.

... or maybe I have been watching slowpoke play too much when he plays vechs maps.

Ive had a creeper spawning behind me in a fully lit room,i would say that close enough, and i can assure you that IS annouing.

Tristonian

Jul 29, 2019
Info can be found on their website, here.
So.. the countdown timer at the top of that page says..143 days away.. Just to clarify - will the FTB pack not be relesed until after the show? I was getting the idea it may be as near as a month away.. Is that optimistic?o_O

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
So.. the countdown timer at the top of that page says..143 days away.. Just to clarify - will the FTB pack not be relesed until after the show? I was getting the idea it may be as near as a month away.. Is that optimistic?o_O
Nooooo! FTB will be out within about a week or less!

Tristonian

Jul 29, 2019
Nooooo! FTB will be out within about a week or less!
Phew I got worried there - but now I AM ECSTATIC (End Caps Lock Joy)

So glad it will be out soon - I have two younger friends who are only just trying modding and are so excited by prospect. Will it come preloaded with the Sphax pack that Slowpoke seems to favor? Or will we add that on top of the pack?

P.S. About a Week or LESS :D

Mazeus Xenon

Jul 29, 2019
So rumor has it this mod pack is better than Tekkit... or so a friend of mine told me... but the download is a whole lot of nothing right now. Is that because the 1.4 update is just so close, there isn't a point to download the 1.2.5 version as the 1.4 will just be so much better that I shouldn't even waste my time on the old version? Heck, if it is due out like you plan - in a week or less - then I can wait for sure, but you know us users... we're an anxious lot...

But yeah... should I just shut up and wait for the 1.4 release then or what? The extra biomes alone intrigue me!

natchu96

Jul 29, 2019
So rumor has it this mod pack is better than Tekkit... or so a friend of mine told me... but the download is a whole lot of nothing right now. Is that because the 1.4 update is just so close, there isn't a point to download the 1.2.5 version as the 1.4 will just be so much better that I shouldn't even waste my time on the old version? Heck, if it is due out like you plan - in a week or less - then I can wait for sure, but you know us users... we're an anxious lot...

But yeah... should I just shut up and wait for the 1.4 release then or what? The extra biomes alone intrigue me!
If not better, at least it'll be slightly more legal, and all permissions would be approved.

Overall, it's got awesome stuff in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.