Pax East and Future Tournaments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taedrin

Jul 29, 2019
I am 100% for this, especially if this can somehow help modders get compensated for the blood, sweat and tears that they poor into their mods.

czzarr

Jul 29, 2019
Hi Slowpoke and FTB Team, I just had to comment that you all are doing a great job with FTB, and its nice to hear this announcement. Continue what you all do best, you have already dominated the modding scene. I would like to see this map come to fruition and hope to see more fun pvp style maps in the future. Keep them fun.
One thing I would suggest is that you do some sort of public test stream of sorts for maps like these to get really good feedback from users, ironing out balancing, and such, but you all have probably already thought of that.

Another thing you should consider is that there are alot of Vanilla PvP style maps like survival games, TF2, Super Craft Bros, that are really fun. They are short and keep you engaged. What they have in common is that they have a main hub world that teleports you to other servers that host the matches.... You should consider a main hub that have a selection of servers available that people can play on, in game on a hub world, or straight from a ftb launcher. That would be really cool. If you go the launcher route, you can have a selection of third party/private servers hosted straight through the launcher as well. Of course it wouldnt be the current iteration of the FTB launcher.

Anyway i am rambling, hope to see you guys on your streams in the near future, and keep up the good work.

PS - In relation to types of games to make/stream, a modded/vanilla ultra hardcore tournament (similar to Mindcrack UHC season 9 with the goal of killing the dragon) featuring the Mindcrack guys, hosted live at a con or future event would be epic to see on stream. #makeithappen=P. After that main Tourney with the Mindcrack guys, you can host public tourneys at the said event.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
I think this will be interesting for people that like to compete.

The only problem I see is minecraft is constantly being improved and changed. Especially with Mods. Most sports are static (from what little I know of them). So will a static experience be expected eventually. Or will constant change and flexibility be the norm.

killerkerara

Jul 29, 2019
The main thing I want out of the FTB team is the continued updating of the mod packs (which is limited by the mods themselves), and a main FTB map in the same style as the 1.2.5 map. As long as this arrangement does not conflict with either of those things, I don't really care. I am just worried that all of your time will be spent making short tournament maps, going to tournaments, communicating with sponsors, etc. instead of making the map that everyone wants.

DigRave

Jul 29, 2019
I don't see how this can cause too much harm. FTB offers two things: (1) a mod launcher and (2) challenge maps. At the end of the day, as long as you're able to maintain the launcher as you have been, I'm sure the community will not complain about more challenge maps and the tournaments that would come from this. Plus I think it would be a good thing for FTB to have some revenue stream to pay for whatever expenses you might have, be it running servers, tournaments or whatever else.

In regards to sponsors/advertisements, speaking for myself, I personally would not mind if the launcher was plastered from top to bottom with ads (within reason of course). I'm more than willing to look at a few ads if it benefits those who have put together this great free service. I trust the FTB team not to let it get out of hand.

Overall, I'm neither strongly for or opposed to this. If it's something you want to do, then I say go for it. If at any point you think it will harm FTB or the community, you can always back out.

abouttabs

Jul 29, 2019
As for me it is an amazing idea for you guys, having more resources to work with would probably help you a lot (I don't understand why you don't have yourself (FTB) in donation list, because it has to be quite pricey (even if it was "just" time) for you to maintain something as huge as FTB (and you are doing amazing job), but as it was said I beg you to choose your partners wisely and make sure that one nice morning you don't wake up in chains and start being pushed by someone in a way you don't want to go. My main concern is that the new community might not understand your limitations and trying to force you in making something that you are not able to and later on starting to push moders, your current community is probably more than aware of the amount of work you and moders are doing and that each one of them has his own ambitions and they are going to do it their way, which is (in my opinion) the right way, because they are doing it in their free time and don't ask for anything so we should be really grateful and nice to them (for witch FTB is known) and not to bug them because there might be people that don't know how is it going and thy don't care (and here we are so lucky to have such an amazing community). So for me it's definite yes, but please stay yourselves and please don't let anyone to bug moders and try to force them in anything (I know that is nearly impossible to do, but...). And guys thank you for your tremendous amount of time, effort, and work you are putting in this project and ability to still stay so nice and friendly towards us. Please stay yourselves. (And put something for donating directly to FTB project (I don't say I can donate much, but I think that I would not be only one)) So please stay yourself stay FTB...

Status
Not open for further replies.