Password Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathbyc4

Jul 29, 2019
i try to test the password character limit as much as possible, however, graphics cards have enough computing power to crack passwords in record time. So, one might ask, what can i do to protect my accounts and such from getting hacked? Honestly, nothing. but you can minimize the damage to other accounts by always having different passwords and/or similar passwords for low important accounts. High security accounts should never have the same password, contain letters, uppercase, lowercase, special characters if possible. And for that extra level of security, you can generate specific site-based passwords based on a master password combined with the login site address and hash that into an encrypted password. that way, all you need to remember is the master password. all of your passwords will always be different because the generated hash is different for each site. Therefore, someone hacks your minecraft account, they cant hack any other accounts that use your email address because..... random passwords.

Cheeseless

Jul 29, 2019
Good thing then that i always try and work out my login problems by myself so i never needed to paste any logs. Usually the answer to my troubles is 'login server is derping'

Edoc

Jul 29, 2019
Well, to be fair... it seems quite stupid that minecraft wants the login info in plain text.

Its possible to change your password? Is it possible to change your usename?

youur username is your email, so yes, you can change it. If you still use minecraft old account system, port it to mojang.

eisbaerBorealis

Jul 29, 2019
Haha, how long has email been a viable way to sign in? I've been around since about 1.4 Beta, and I've been using my game name the entire time.

zbeeblebrox

Jul 29, 2019
I wanna say since Scrolls went into closed Alpha. They wanted you to be able to log into all Mojang games with one account name.

That sounds about right. If you aren't following Minecraft updates through Reddit, Youtube or their blog, details like that can be easy to miss. I really wish the vanilla launcher's news feed would be more thorough and maybe given an easier to read design..

macks2008

Jul 29, 2019
I had one pastebin about a login issue... thanks for warning me
my account is still intact so I guess now's a good a time as any to make a slight change to the password ("slight" being so I can still remember it lol. -snip- (went into possibly too much detail about how I choose passwords... lol don't worry I didn't say anything specific. I'm not insane... though I think some people would disagree :p)). I think I know what I'll make it...
come to think of it IDK why I didn't change my password when I first noticed the error log had my pass in it (and I DID notice... I think I removed the pastebin link when i noticed but I'm not sure...)

TheMrDave64

Jul 29, 2019
When loading it freezes on mc = class.net.minecraft.client.Minecraft

When I hit launch it loads everything but then stops on

1. Loading natives...
  2. Natives loaded...
  3. Loading minecraft class
  4. mc = class net.minecraft.client.Minecraft

PLEASE HELP IN ANY WAY. THANKS

Status
Not open for further replies.