Password Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjw123

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone,
Due to a minor error, peoples usernames and passwords were printed to the console in a recent launcher version. We apologise for this, and would recommend everyone that pasted a recent log to pastebin to change your passwords; only users that pasted logs relating to failed login were affected by this all other logs did not contain any passwords. We will be doing absolutely everything in our power to ensure that nothing like this happens again, but if you suspect you may have posted it to pastebin, we strongly recommend you change the password now, to avoid any unfortunate things happening with your details. Once again we apologise for any inconvenience caused.

-jjw123 and the rest of the launcher team

EDIT: we have contacted pastebin and got all pastes removed with the passwords in. hopefully there should be no issues of someone stumbling upon it accidentally

Vaupell

Jul 29, 2019
Tx for the info, but yet another reason why "modpacks" should not police brute/control logins, even when Notch supported the piracy of MC
public on twitter, hoping they would eventually buy a legit version. And no im not pirating i got 3 legit accounts but im being forced to change
passwords due to mistakes like this.. :(

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
Tx for the info, but yet another reason why "modpacks" should not police brute/control logins, even when Notch supported the piracy of MC
public on twitter, hoping they would eventually buy a legit version. And no im not pirating i got 3 legit accounts but im being forced to change
passwords due to mistakes like this.. :(

Mistakes will happen and we all learn from it but it wont stop us from doing what we enjoy. We don't force you to use this mod pack.

There are other more important companies out there that have made mistakes with personal information that can lead to bank accounts and other things being corrupted.

If anything we help Mojang make money when people go buy account to use this launcher. This is small compared to other things in life that could happen.

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
This sounds terrible, I recommend looking in the support threads and remove the lines with the passwords.

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
This sounds terrible, I recommend looking in the support threads and remove the lines with the passwords.

Mods were told about this and kept a look out for threads being started. As far as myself and Damnedsky go we both seen no threads started with passwords in them.

Still best to change passwords to be safe.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
If we never made mistakes, then we would never learn and therefore never evolve as a race.
See this above:

Mistakes will happen and we all learn from it but it wont stop us from doing what we enjoy. We don't force you to use this mod pack.

There are other more important companies out there that have made mistakes with personal information that can lead to bank accounts and other things being corrupted.

If anything we help Mojang make money when people go buy account to use this launcher. This is small compared to other things in life that could happen.

Mistakes will happen. It is human nature. It was an oversight. It was rectified.

Chrissyhailfire

Jul 29, 2019
in all technicality if you want any account to be safe the password should be changed at the very least every 6 months or so. (course the at least is my opinion)
people that might complain about having to change their passwords probably have never changed it. thank you for telling us that something happend

NovusNecrontyr

Jul 29, 2019
A password is something personal that only and you alone *should* know.. For security reasons, even Banks change their passwords on a weekly basis. Now, our minecraft account is only an investment.. (depends on how much you payed for it) and changing or password to keep your investment is in your own best interests.. Mistakes can happen, much like a single line of code and cause a code meltdown.. We are human.. I would rather know about this and change my password to keep my investment than have it swept under the carpet and find that I suddenly can't play minecraft :/

Thanks to the FTB-launcher team for spotting this error and reporting it (+1)

Reactions: Lawbroken
Status
Not open for further replies.