Open Passive mobs not spawning

Shadus

Jul 29, 2019
Summary of the problem Passive mobs not spawning

Pack Version 3.0.6

What is the bug? Passive mobs aren't currently spawning, tested in 3.0.6 in multiplayer and single player.

Mod & Version 3.06 - Skyfactory 3

Link to log file

Is it repeatable? Created 3 SSP worlds (Taiga, Plains, & Plains) & 1 MP world (Plains). No passive mobs spawn even when standard spawn conditions are met.

Known Fix None yet.

itanshi

Jul 29, 2019
you can craft bait or cocoons of caprice

otherwise biome tweaker allows passives to spawn in any biome

Shadus

Jul 29, 2019
Following standard passive spawn mob rules as I know them-- below y127, at least 3x3 area, not at mob limit, ~25 blocks from active area, server view distance is 12, client view distance is 12.

Tested hostile mob spawning as well and it functions as normal in MP at least... disabled and killed all hostile mobs for testing passive.

you can craft bait or cocoons of caprice

otherwise biome tweaker allows passives to spawn in any biome

Are normal passive mob spawns intended to be disabled entirely?

itanshi

Jul 29, 2019
they are not, add more grass

on our 3.0.6 server, we have too many passives

Shadus

Jul 29, 2019
they are not, add more grass

on our 3.0.6 server, we have too many passives

Did you start your world in 3.06 or did you update to 3.06?

1xjWnE4.png

Since that pic was done, I expanded the pad to 13x13. Still 0 mobs. World is less than 30m old. Repeating currently in a fresh MP world and it seems to not be spawning under same conditions as well.

Shadus

Jul 29, 2019
Apparently messages with pics require mod approval, anyways, 13x13 pad doesn't seem to do any different than smaller one. Did you start your world in 3.06 or did you update to 3.06?

Quetzi

Jack of All Trades
Retired Staff
Aug 20, 2012
quetzi.tv
Not had any issues spawning mobs in either of the worlds I've played on. It is a bit of a moot point in any case since the pack provides several ways to get those mobs to spawn (bait etc)

Shadus

Jul 29, 2019
Not had any issues spawning mobs in either of the worlds I've played on. It is a bit of a moot point in any case since the pack provides several ways to get those mobs to spawn (bait etc)

If ya'll don't care, I don't. I wasn't reporting it because I was stressing not having mobs, was reporting it because I was having no issue repeating it on the current version across many biomes & worlds in SSP and MP both and failure for passives to spawn breaks a lot of common early game low-tech easy resource gathering if it's not intended behavior. Shrug.