Pam's Harvestcraft Automation

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

cheezytacos

Jul 29, 2019
I have been looking all over the internet for some form of automation with Pam's. I have been into automating food supplies and I'm wondering if this is possible. The only mods I thought of automating it with was with forestry and MFR. I cant think of any other way to do it.
Any comments/suggestions?

beauedwards1991

Jul 29, 2019
Not off the top of my head, but if Pam used mfr's api, then it may be possible. Go into creative, show us your results! :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

cheezytacos

Jul 29, 2019
I already tried using MFR, it doesnt work.
My test:
I put vanilla seeds and broccoli seeds in it and it only planted the vanilla ones.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Gany's end has a planter. Other than that a turtle would likely be able to plant and harvest them.

cheezytacos

Jul 29, 2019
Ill try the gany's end first. I will explode if it works.
My only goal in life is to mass produce tacos. :D

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
You could also use TE3's something or other that places things. Other than that I think turtles are the only option.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Pam's Harvestcraft is a really annoying mod to automate for.
Not in the sense that it's hard or impossible to do, but how the crop mechanics tend to be different depending on the version, modpack configs and external mod interactions (speaking of hunger overhaul).

You can't just jump in to a pack and automate Pam's stuff the same way in every pack/world/server. You have to figure it out by trial and error, becasue in the past I used MFR and it worked like a dream in one pack, but in an other the crops where set to rightclick and yeilded no seeds when destroyed so you couldn't use them. Then there's how certain crops that won't plant from the produce it's self and need to be crafted in to seeds.

I wish the mod was a bit more consistent in it's mechanics, judging by how HarvestCraft handles and the sheer mess that the config is in (Going to be frank here, it's horrendous), It doesn't seem like Pam is a fan of organization. I'd use Agriculture if I wasn't such a derp constantly burning my food... Then again Pam's has a really vast variety that's handy for keeping your hunger filled when using Spice of Life.

So essentially my suggestion is observe how the crops are harvesting, if it's the usual crop needing to be broken to get produce and seeds use MFR or other farmers. If it's the rightclick mechanic used you could get away with a easy row of Autonomous activators clicking the crops or other R-Click simulators.
IF you insist on large plot of crops and have thaumcraft you could try to use golems with a "Use Core", but I'm not sure how you handle them sequentially R-clicking multiple objects. Just don't try harvest golems, they work if the produce is plantable but they ballz up the organization of your crops if you insist on mixing crops in one plot. I once had a plot of Tomatoes, lettus, cucumbers ect turn entirely in to cucumbers as harvest golems attempt to plant what they just gathered in nearby empty farm land. They end up empty because sometimes depending on settings a Pams crop yields nothing leaving the farmland empty.
That being said though this will be dependant on the version of HarvestCraft and the configs of the pack.

You might just need to experiment.

PooPooUndees

Jul 29, 2019
I have found that the enderIO farming station won't break harvestcraft crops 95% of the time if they are a right click harvest, it will occasionally break one here and there but that could be fixed with a crafter set-up for each crop type or an AE2 set-up, personally I would use AE2 simply because of being able to tell interfaces to always keep a certain amount of an item crafted rather than endlessly crafting like the enderIO crafter would.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Agricraft > MFR Harvester, seeing as Agricraft offers both support for pam's harvestcraft and the MFR harvester

Reactions: Fuzzbling
T

Thistlestar

Im not sure if your still looking but mfr does somewhat work with Harvestcraft. You just need the mod called extended automation. It makes mfr and Harvestcraft compatible, the only problem is that it's only for 1.7.10 and i cant find it for any higher version so if anyone does find possibly a 1.10.2 version of extended automation please tell me.

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
Im not sure if your still looking but mfr does somewhat work with Harvestcraft. You just need the mod called extended automation. It makes mfr and Harvestcraft compatible, the only problem is that it's only for 1.7.10 and i cant find it for any higher version so if anyone does find possibly a 1.10.2 version of extended automation please tell me.
Why do so many people necro post on this forum....

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
And also because sometimes new information occurs. Such as Pam's and MFR becoming compatible to some extent during the 1.7 era. Additional information would include 1.7's Thaumcraft Golems also being able to properly harvest Pam's crops.

Never mind that Google returns all results, regardless of age.