Packs with very large/comprehensive questlines

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
S

Smalldude

I am a big fan of modpacks that give a point to the game, trying to achieve something or giving me the oppurtunity to learn new mods and find more of the creativity that mod creators have. Currently im looking for a pack that is updated and has a large amount of quests, something that can keep me entertained for a long time. I have tried Ultimate questpack but its too old, the ferret business is unfinished, Impactflux tries to bring too much hardcore to the table and finally i've just finished regrowth and omg, what an amazing experience. If anyone has input on modpacks under the circumstances please feel free to drop the title and possible code if it's public and I will be sure to try it out and have more enjoyable time with this game.
Thanks, S
EDIT: Requiem HQM is a tekkit launcher pack but i did switch it over to multimc and wow is it a pack, great way to learn all the mods and it has over 750 quests. really do recommend it for beefy computers

Last edited:

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Hmm. I'm not sure if its what you're after, but have you tried Obscurity? That looked like a challenging and interesting take on a survival modpack - like Regrowth, it's quite strongly themed.

RyokuHasu

Jul 29, 2019
Project Ozone 2 isn't really a good one for learning, that's more of a random jumble of stuff doesn't really tech the mods.

Rishenda

Jul 29, 2019
If you want a large Modpack and don't mind playing in 1.7.10 try either The Ferret Business or Tolkiencraft II, both have very large questlines and also a story to go with them. @GreatOrator has also advised that he is working on
Tolkiencraft III

Reactions: GreatOrator
S

Smalldude

Maybe Project Ozone 2? Kappa mode if you're sadistic
I did try project ozone 2 and got to the mob farm stage. Was losing patience with howmany times i was being knocked off the platform that i lost interest

S

Smalldude

If you want a large Modpack and don't mind playing in 1.7.10 try either The Ferret Business or Tolkiencraft II, both have very large questlines and also a story to go with them. @GreatOrator has also advised that he is working on
Tolkiencraft III
as ive said ferret business is unfinished alot of quests are very open and are not recieving love so maybe another time for that, as for tolkiencraft i will be sure to look at it

Reactions: GreatOrator

joshwoo70

Jul 29, 2019
to be frank i will report the whole tread due to it being in the wrong place.

sent from a phone using tapatalk.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
I am a big fan of modpacks that give a point to the game, trying to achieve something or giving me the oppurtunity to learn new mods and find more of the creativity that mod creators have. Currently im looking for a pack that is updated and has a large amount of quests, something that can keep me entertained for a long time. I have tried Ultimate questpack but its too old, the ferret business is unfinished, Impactflux tries to bring too much hardcore to the table and finally i've just finished regrowth and omg, what an amazing experience. If anyone has input on modpacks under the circumstances please feel free to drop the title and possible code if it's public and I will be sure to try it out and have more enjoyable time with this game.
Thanks, S
EDIT: Requiem HQM is a tekkit launcher pack but i did switch it over to multimc and wow is it a pack, great way to learn all the mods and it has over 750 quests. really do recommend it for beefy computers

Atm I am playing 3 packs well kind of splitting times as & when I get a bit bored of one, mc v7.10 Project Ozone 2 using the sky islands, I did try each of the templates but settled on the skylands as a personal pref, mc v1.10 Forever Stranded is a crash landing clone, & runs along the same lines the blood moons are very hard if you get them early on as with PO2 pack, apart from them two I also play SF3 on a server, while it has no quests its what I regard as an easy mode pack & there is a chev's book that can help guide you in the right direction.

For me I refer to try most packs blind & see what I can make of them as with FS I had to restart a couple of times until I got the idea of how to survive the first day/night, with PO2 I just messed about with the templates, I did like the snow one but too many drawbacks with all snow biomes so ended up making sky island as it a half way house between normal over world & sky block, sf3 is just fun easy pack & with the cubes can be fun if you like to live on the edge.

S

Smalldude

1st of all, there are great public packs that are out there with fantastic questlines, so tell me how im going to find out what they are, without posting in this thread,
2nd of all, comment should be deleted as it has nothing to do with what i asked
thanks pal

S

Smalldude

Atm I am playing 3 packs well kind of splitting times as & when I get a bit bored of one, mc v7.10 Project Ozone 2 using the sky islands, I did try each of the templates but settled on the skylands as a personal pref, mc v1.10 Forever Stranded is a crash landing clone, & runs along the same lines the blood moons are very hard if you get them early on as with PO2 pack, apart from them two I also play SF3 on a server, while it has no quests its what I regard as an easy mode pack & there is a chev's book that can help guide you in the right direction.

For me I refer to try most packs blind & see what I can make of them as with FS I had to restart a couple of times until I got the idea of how to survive the first day/night, with PO2 I just messed about with the templates, I did like the snow one but too many drawbacks with all snow biomes so ended up making sky island as it a half way house between normal over world & sky block, sf3 is just fun easy pack & with the cubes can be fun if you like to live on the edge.
Thanks for this, very informative and helpful.
Both sf3 and po2 were fun to play Early game but it quickly died off as alot of grinding was required. i saw direwolf do a stream of FS and it looked well done and interesting. maybe ill take a look

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013

Where else does it belong?

1) It's a legitimate question
2) Its in it's own thread
3) The thread is a sub-thread of General Discussion

At least it isn't in Tech Support or someplace like that... :D

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
This thread used to be in the Third Party Modpacks thread (which is why it needed to be moved, which it now is).

Scottly318

Jul 29, 2019
I think joshiewoo meant that the third party modpack section should be for packs not for questions asking "what pack should I play"

Oops missed the comment above me

S

Smalldude

I think joshiewoo meant that the third party modpack section should be for packs not for questions asking "what pack should I play"

Oops missed the comment above me
Ya i understand that, its just i posted in the third party packs section because there are no packs on the ftb old launcher(which i still use because hell yea) that have hqm

ookagaricrypt

Jul 29, 2019
Tolkiencraft III

Oh god yes I haven't found many packs that have that large of a story...if you want to go even older, to 1.6.4, there's also Running Red. GideonSeymour did an amazing job of making a dark-themed pack with an interesting story. It was a blood magic themed skyblock that was incredibly hard to not die in (at least for me, but then again I am a permanoob).

YaNKee

Jul 29, 2019
One of the best modpacks by far with an amazing Quest line and a lot of customization is GregTech: New Horizons. It is heavily Gregified, but absolutely by far the best pack I have ever played. You could play a year and not be end game. Outstanding!