[Over] Werewolf: Firelight

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
ayyyyyyyy.

Pyure's never seen before strategy almost worked.

BUT THROUGH THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP, WE PREVAILED.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
1. What where the N1 resurrection shenanigans?
2. Who killed Nojr?
1. J was leaving (I thought) for the rest of the game. He said he wanted to resurrect whoever died that night, so I granted him his wish.
2. I... don't know. I think I was thinking that, at the time, goreae would still be able to kill. Obviously not.

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
Probably not the end you've wanted @Pyure, but a good one for many nonetheless. I'm happy that I came upon this idea. Phew.

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
You've just learned why you should never ever fully trust someone, in any occasion. ^^

Fraction2

Jul 29, 2019
You've just learned why you should never ever fully trust someone, in any occasion. ^^

I'd have to agree with Pyure, the wolves SHOULD be able to trust each other without a doubt. goreae's betrayal, while favorable to the non-wolves, completely changed the direction of the game. dylanpiera had attracted minimal suspicion up to that point, and Pyure wouldn't have gone down quite as easily.

The only defense the wolves had was anonymity, and they really got screwed.

Lord Pyure said:
the alternative was to try a 3-wolf private convo, and attempt to kill all the villagers plus a traitor wolf by ourselves. That's an automatic-losing fight, when the village/wolf ratio is suddenly skewed against us and the church can easily divine precisely who were are (even without names.)

As soon as we let goreae in, the wolves had lost. They stood no chance.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
:( oh well, sucks to have my reputation as someone who gets lynched when not wolf killed *sobs*

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Congrats guys, good game, and well run Gideon.

I'll also be taking a break. Goreae crossed a line with me by giving his word, allowing me to give him unquestioning trust and support as my brother, and breaking it. This was not lying or treachery within the bounds of the game but a breach of honor outside of the game. In short: he's not the sort of person I would like to play with.

This wouldn't actually be such a big deal except I'm the only person who is going to agree with this: it will be my ethics running contrary to everyone else's. Therefore, no fun for me. Minecraft time!

No I'm not interested in debating this, yes I know all the counter-arguments. Not-interested because not-fun.
Okay, what exactly did I do wrong? I don't understand what exactly I did to hurt you. Please, explain in detail. Because from my end, I got a traitor role and used it as a traitor role, and used it quite well to those ends. I mean as I see it, the options were few. The first option is to not convert. Stay with the wolves the whole game. Then I'd say I'm not converting and be telling the truth. The second option is to convert and side with the church. In that case, I would lie to protect myself. If I told the truth, I would be immediately wolfkilled. That would be a bad plan. The third option is to convert and side with the wolves, but that would prevent me from meeting my win condition.

And seriously, please don't take it so personally. It's a game A game centered around betrayal and dishonesty I might add. Vikestep has stabbed me in the back more times than I care to count in these games, but I never got so hurt because of it. I never meant to hurt you like this. I'm really sorry. To show it, I'm going to sit out of every game until you come back. I mean it.

Reactions: Shazam08

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Gg! Enjoyed this one. That last day especially was fantastic.

I'll probably be taking a break from Werewolf, and if I ever host again, it'll be a far less complicated game than this. You know it's bad when even I don't understand what's happening anymore.
I'll also be taking a break. Goreae crossed a line with me by giving his word, allowing me to give him unquestioning trust and support as my brother, and breaking it.
Sad to see both of you taking a break, but I respect your reasons if you want to go through with them.

If you changed your minds and wanted to get in on the next game, of course... *cough*

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
@goreae: I take it personally because a) I promised that if things went sour, I'd support you in your move over to the church, b) you promised you'd stick with the wolves until things went sour, c) I promised everyone on the team this plan would work, and d) then when things went sour, I immediately went to fraction2 and asked him to take you on (not realizing it was already done)

This was a role where you could opt to become a traitor. There was a choice, and you made it, and reneged. Yes, its gray area. Yes, I realize this is my personal subjective opinion and its me against twenty people. Lying to me and tricking me is fun and clever, people do it all the time. But giving word is something else, and when you gave it, I decided done is done and never questioned you once. You didn't just betray me, you made me betray the other guys on the team.

If our roles had been reversed, I would have either kept my penitent role to myself and not asked for trust, or I would have given my word and stuck with the wolves to the very end.

Guys I want it understood that this is fundamentally a Pyure thing. This is not "Pyure is right, Goreae is wrong." Not in the slightest. Its an ethical issue that is important only to me and me specifically.
Whoa, when did I promise? I never promised to stay a wolf. I never gave my word that I would stay on your side. I lied, sure, but I never promised. This is exactly what I said:
goreae said:
I'm the penitent, but I'll stay a wolf until things start looking really down. Gank tord
After that, I just posted gank votes until I revealed that I joined the church.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Whoa, when did I promise? I never promised to stay a wolf. I never gave my word that I would stay on your side. I lied, sure, but I never promised. This is exactly what I said:

After that, I just posted gank votes until I revealed that I joined the church.
{ sniffling crybabyism redacted }
{ terms coined }

Last edited:

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Word is word. Once trusted, you knew that I was throwing in with you 100%, which I did by giving you full access.

That said, its a perfect example of why this can't be discussed rationally. At the end of the day, I couldn't have done it myself, not in a million years, but what others can and can't do really is none of my business.

Taking this sort of thing personally is childish, but at the end of the day it does upset and concern me, so its clear a breather is in order. Shaz is going to run an absolute top-notch game kids, I suspect you're in for a treat.
Well you're one of the coolest people on these forums. I have a large amount of respect for you. I don't want us to stop being friends because of what happened in werewolf. I really am sorry that I hurt you so much. I never meant to. So yeah. If you're taking a break from werewolf, I will too.
54576537.jpg

Reactions: Fraction2 and Pyure