Closed Over-General default ChatFlow setting

Status
Not open for further replies.

rypofalem

Jul 29, 2019
Summary of the problem Over-General default ChatFlow disables any chat that is dark_aqua colored.

Pack Version 1.3.0

What is the bug?

The issue is that the Matcher regex for "Agricraft Alphas" is too general. It's set to change "~3.+" to blank.

In English, it looks for a certain color code in incoming chat messages and deletes that color code and everything after that color code.

This is an issue waiting to happen. As an example, on my server messages are prefixed with that color by default. This caused chat messages to simply be blank.

It doesn't make sense to filter all messages of a certain color from chat by default.

Mod & Version ChatFlow 1.2-5

Link to log file

Is it repeatable? Yes.

With pack default chatflow settings, with cheats enabled or OP server permissions try this command: /tellraw @p ["",{"text":"Can you ","color":"red"},{"text":"read this?","color":"dark_aqua"}]

It will output "Can you"

Press f12 (by default) and disable the Agricraft Alphas filter.

Try the same command again.

It will now correctly output "Can you read this?"

Known Fix If you give me an example of what you wish to filter, I can produce more specific regex for you.

Otherwise, even disabling the filter by default is sufficient.

Note: The Pack Version dropdown box in the submission form does not yet contain version 1.3.0 :)

Last edited:

rypofalem

Jul 29, 2019
Also, looking at agricraft github, the developers seem to want to inform users that mod is in alpha.

The notification will be removed in the release versions of AgriCraft.

The notification was added as to ensure users knew they were using an alpha version and stability is not guaranteed.

With that in mind I urge you to reconsider filtering the message at all.

Reactions: ToastCraft

tfox83

Jul 29, 2019
The dev added lots of random messages upon login, the alpha reminders are not an issue for FTB, its the donation stuff. We reached out to the dev about a config option to disable these donation messages and they responded with they wont add that option. We cannot successfully remove Agricraft without breaking current worlds. This was our only option. Nothing else in the pack uses that color code for messages so that is why we blocked them out that way. We do not support plugins/bukkit/sponge, so you would need to edit their configs to change the color codes to something different.

tfox83

Jul 29, 2019
This has been fixed by removing the color coded in the regex and replacing with the vaious strings in Beyond 1.5.2 which will be released as beta in a couple hours from this post.

Reactions: rypofalem
Status
Not open for further replies.