Ore Tweak File

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Thunderz8olt

Jul 29, 2019
Where is the tweak file in the FTB folders? I know there is a config file somewhere to tweak the ores, lie how many spawn in a cluster and how many clusters per chunk, etc..

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Check "cofh/thermalexpansion.cfg" for all the common ores.
It doesn't tweek RP, XyCraft, IC2 or GregTech, but you can find copper, tin, iron and all that.

Thunderz8olt

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, I just found it myself, wasnt what I thought it was. I thought the FTB team added in a file to tweak all the ores and such. The DW20 pack doesnt even let you tweak diamonds...oh well thanks again!

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, I just found it myself, wasnt what I thought it was. I thought the FTB team added in a file to tweak all the ores and such. The DW20 pack doesnt even let you tweak diamonds...oh well thanks again!
You should be able to tweak diamond. Also, there are various mods that will allow for full ore customization (can't recall the name right now).

Saice

Jul 29, 2019

Actually it does already tweak diamond.

####################
# tweak
####################

tweak {
I:eek:re.copper.clusterSize=7
I:eek:re.copper.maxY=75
I:eek:re.copper.minY=40
I:eek:re.copper.numClusters=9
I:eek:re.diamond.clusterSize=4
I:eek:re.diamond.numClusters=1
I:eek:re.gold.clusterSize=8
I:eek:re.gold.numClusters=1
I:eek:re.iron.clusterSize=8
I:eek:re.iron.numClusters=2
I:eek:re.lead.clusterSize=7
I:eek:re.lead.maxY=40
I:eek:re.lead.minY=20
I:eek:re.lead.numClusters=4
I:eek:re.silver.clusterSize=7
I:eek:re.silver.maxY=35
I:eek:re.silver.minY=15
I:eek:re.silver.numClusters=3
I:eek:re.tin.clusterSize=7
I:eek:re.tin.maxY=55
I:eek:re.tin.minY=20
I:eek:re.tin.numClusters=12
}

}

Just add I:eek:re.diamond.MaxY= and .minY= if you want to change it even more.

Thunderz8olt

Jul 29, 2019
Thats from the mindcrack pack, at least my dw20 file doesnt have that but yes I guess I could just add the lines manually.

Thunderz8olt

Jul 29, 2019
By the way, I have tried editing the config file but it seems to regen the file every time I launch the pack in the launcher...thus erasing the edits I made to the tweak file every time..

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
The launcher doesn't honor any of your changes. I tried to launch outdated Magic World and refused update but it still started to update it and well that was the end of that Magic World version. I'll have to install the packs fresh.

Aurili0n

Jul 29, 2019
Hi all, finally made an account just so i can reply to this thread. If you want to alter vanilla ore gen in the DW20 pack then you need to set B:vanilla.augment=true. It is directly above ore gen, after i did this i loaded the game, closed it and went back into the file and it had repopulated itself to show the vanilla ores and options to change their spawn rates.

Reactions: jnads