Ore generation between mods

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

robbversion1

Jul 29, 2019
I know of the duplicate ores found between several mods (IC, RP2, TE) but I was wondering whether people had certain preferences to ore generation, for example IC copper ore as opposed to RP2 copper ore?

On a side note I noticed that in my current world the amount of tin is extremely rare. After an hour of mining around layer 10 I found maybe 4 tin ore. Is it generating from a certain mod? I would check my server configs right now but I'm at work currently and cant get to it now.

Icarus White

Jul 29, 2019
If you're working with Mindcrack, I believe there's a rather odd setup where tin only generates in quantity above depth 40, so be aware of that. I think there's a forum post somewhere with more information, although I can't quite find it now...

And in general, I believe ore generation is being controlled through TE's system, although with custom parameters.

Bgraywolf

Jul 29, 2019
I have been running a custom set of mods (that I have been updating myself since 1.3.2) that manages to match the Mindcraft version of FTB quite directly. Ore Gen has been a concern of mine and I would also like any information that is available about this custom Gen the mod is using.

robbversion1

Jul 29, 2019
ah i should have specified, it is indeed mindcrack.

so above 40 spawns tin? that probably explains why I found squat during my mining session.

has the tin generation been fixed in v7? thats what i'm currently working with.

ThemsAllTook

Jul 29, 2019
Default tin generation was changed a bit in Mindcrack v7. I haven't done a huge amount of caving since v7, but it seems to be a bit more reasonable. Here's a diff from my old and new thermalexpansion.cfg:

Code:
Old:
        I:ore.tin.maxY=50
        I:ore.tin.minY=25
        I:ore.tin.numClusters=7

New:
        I:ore.tin.maxY=55
        I:ore.tin.minY=20
        I:ore.tin.numClusters=12